Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

K-180 Start Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K-180 Start Help!!

Hi All,

I tried starting my K-180 for the first time and the starter runs and doesn't seem to ignite. The fuel pump is running and fuel seems to be flowing. I purchased my 180 from a RCU member, it had a total 221 minutes of run time on it when purchased and I use Jet A fuel with recommend oil mix. I have all the parameters set to the recommended settings in the back of the manual for the K180.

Any information or recommendations to help get this puppy fired up would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!!!!!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:56 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds like you have the black cable plugged in wrong at the ECU. The white dots on the cable should be facing inboard on the ECU. You can refer to page 19 in the manual for reference and a picture.

Hope that helps,

Dirk
KingTech Service
Old 05-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Jetfan20

Hi Dirk,

Both black cables are facing with the white dot inward. I tried calling Kingtech today with no answer. Do they have tech support help over the phone?

Ty
Old 05-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Jetfan20

A BIG shout out to Dirk!!! He spent 30 mins of his day helping me setup my turbine and making sure all parameters are set. It Fired up right away!!!!! Thank You Dirk, you are the man!!!! KT for life!!!!!!

Ty