Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

ECU and turbine matching

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 05:41 AM
mtnflyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU and turbine matching

Is it necessary to keep the ECU that came with the turbine when new with that same turbine? I recently sold a K-140G in my UF, but the ECU was from another K-140G. As far as I know, that should not make any difference. Am I missing something?
Regards,
Gus
Old 06-12-2014, 10:12 AM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Gus,

The turbine run time is kept by the ECU, its probably a good idea to keep the ECU with the turbine. Also future owners might want an accurate record of the turbine run time, service intervals etc..

Dirk
KingTech Service
Old 06-12-2014, 10:34 AM
mtnflyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dirk,
Thanks, for some reason I was under the impression that the run time was somehow maintained within the turbine, which is why I didn't bother to keep the ECU matched to the K-140 in the Ultra Flash I sold. So, now the new owner has a zero time ECU with his K-140 and I have a several hour ECU with my zero time K-140. My problem.
Regards,
Gus
Old 06-12-2014, 10:37 AM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Just contact him and swap them out as I'm sure he will want the proper ECU with his turbine. A few $ and a few mailing days, problem solved.