Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

information on selling all R/C.

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

information on selling all R/C.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 04:49 PM
M3220

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default information on selling all R/C.

I live in the mid-western u.s.a.. Due to health reasons i cannot fly R/C. I have heard that there are buyers out there that buy like an estate.
i have been in the R/C for 25 years and have ton of R/C to sell, including a trailer made for airplane hauling. It would take me days to inventory
what I have to sell. If there is such a place that deals in this matter I would appreciate any help i can receive.
thank you
Old 08-07-2014, 06:42 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Due to the difficulty of transporting planes, I doubt there is any nation wide company that does that. Of course, if you price your things to sell, there are enterprising hobbyists who will come and buy it all and then resell what they don't want. I've done that a few times and was happy with the result. You have to price your stuff really low though. I'd say maybe 1 out of 5 of these sellouts I see are actually priced well enough to make it worthwhile to bother with.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:55 AM
foodstick

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

There is a guy I see at all the midwest plane sales I go to.. he buys and resells it off in pieces.. I do not know his name.. but I believe he lives in Minnesota.. Someone out there has to know who he is, and how he could be found.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:42 AM
R8893
My Feedback: (20)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Check the classified ads in "Model Aviation" magazine. I have also seen small ads at different places throughout the magazine.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a guy on eBay named "therocketman" who deals in rc stuff, he's in MN

http://www.ebay.com/usr/therocketman