Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 111 carb leaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 12:35 AM
jolo1955

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE 111 carb leaking

I have a brand new DLE 111 twin cylinder.
But If I close the choke and flip the prop, he leaks benzin and do not get him to start.
pleas help me out!
The engine is in a colmbia 400 from pilot-rc.
so the carb is under the cylinders.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:59 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm not sure but what you describe might be normal for a twin with the carb located below the reeds. Let me explain: With the carb mounted below the engine, when you choke the engine and flip the prop, you have to flip it enough so some gas gets up through the reeds and into the engine. In the process, much more fuel is choked into the carb than will flow through the engine so some of it has to go somewhere, so it drips out the carb. This is normal for most every twin with this configuration. Choke then flip until you get a pop, open the choke and start the engine .... ignore any excess fuel that might drip out during the choking process.

Now if the carb continues to drip fuel you might have a metering needle problem which should be checked and repaired if necessary. Just be sure you're not trying to correct a normal condition before diving into the carb.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:37 AM
jolo1955

Originally Posted by Truckracer
I'm not sure but what you describe might be normal for a twin with the carb located below the reeds. Let me explain: With the carb mounted below the engine, when you choke the engine and flip the prop, you have to flip it enough so some gas gets up through the reeds and into the engine. In the process, much more fuel is choked into the carb than will flow through the engine so some of it has to go somewhere, so it drips out the carb. This is normal for most every twin with this configuration. Choke then flip until you get a pop, open the choke and start the engine .... ignore any excess fuel that might drip out during the choking process.

Now if the carb continues to drip fuel you might have a metering needle problem which should be checked and repaired if necessary. Just be sure you're not trying to correct a normal condition before diving into the carb.
yes i understand that a drip is normal. but this one drips a lot and after trying to start over one houwer I get only one time a litle brrrrrr.
I am flying wit zenoah engines fore 15 years and no problems at all.
I emailed the supplier and will whait for his answer.
Thanks for your reaction.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:57 AM
jolo1955

suplier say: and I quote strange he must start.
so back to basic and needles in and try all over again.
one of my clubmembers will bring my a other carburator so when he will not start at all, I replace it and see if this Works.
after going true all settings we take out a sparkplug too see if there will be a spark.
Not anny spark comming from plug, so we think it is the ignition.

Last edited by jolo1955; 11-06-2014 at 06:50 AM.