Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

DLE & DLA engines made in same factory?

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE & DLA engines made in same factory?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE & DLA engines made in same factory?

I have had recent correspondence with a gentleman in China, he is in a position to "know things". He informed me that DLE engines and DLA engines are manufactured in the same factory in China. Kinda makes sense now when people mention DLA engines having pistons maked "DLE".
Old 11-22-2010, 09:44 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DLE & DLA engines made in same factory?

Your informant is giving you bogus information.

http://www.dlpower.net/news_view.asp?id=4
Old 11-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Turk1

DLA manufacture team was DLE employee once.They have left DLE and establish a new company named DLA. http://www.feiaomodel.com/
Old 11-22-2010, 10:32 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is true, when that company started claiming they were the manufacturer and owner of DLE is when they were cut offby DLEas a distributor. That is also when DLE changed their molds and porting, improving their engines to further distinguish themselves from the pirate company manufacturing DLA engines. There was nothing stooping them from taking one of the DLE engines they had left in stock andcopying it.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:41 PM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jedijody

That is true, when that company started claiming they were the manufacturer and owner of DLE is when they were cut off by DLE as a distributor. That is also when DLE changed their molds and porting, improving their engines to further distinguish themselves from the pirate company manufacturing DLA engines. There was nothing stooping them from taking one of the DLE engines they had left in stock and copying it.

They did not have to copy it, just go to the same factory that makes the parts for DLE, order enough and the factory will put any name you want on them.

Why do you think some of the first DLA pistons had DLE stamped on them.

I have some of the parts here from a company in China that has no name on them. One of the pistons had DLE ground off of it, they just did not do a very good job of it. LOL

Milton
Old 11-23-2010, 03:45 AM
novayusa

DLA and DLE not make parts in the same factory as I know
Old 11-23-2010, 07:29 AM
clivemc

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: jedijody

That is true, when that company started claiming they were the manufacturer and owner of DLE is when they were cut offby DLEas a distributor. That is also when DLE changed their molds and porting, improving their engines to further distinguish themselves from the pirate company manufacturing DLA engines. There was nothing stooping them from taking one of the DLE engines they had left in stock andcopying it.

They did not have to copy it, just go to the same factory that makes the parts for DLE, order enough and the factory will put any name you want on them.

Why do you think some of the first DLA pistons had DLE stamped on them.

I have some of the parts here from a company in China that has no name on them. One of the pistons had DLE ground off of it, they just did not do a very good job of it. LOL

Milton

Old 10-30-2014, 06:20 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So what is the status now on who makes what?
Old 10-30-2014, 07:40 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really don't think it matters Captain John. You "pays your money and takes your chances". All the engines from China are a "crap shoot" as far as I'm concerned. At least DLE seems to try to support their product, and that's probably the only reason Tower Hobbies took them on. For most of my stuff, I'll stick with high quality Japanese hardware and use my "Conversion Engines." The Japanese basically "wrote the book" on high performance two strokes, and their quality can't be beat. If you just have to have a purpose built R/C engine, then pay the bucks and go OS. Of course, we don't know where all the parts are really made, but DA has an excellent support record too. Lastly, because of their great support, I wouldn't be afraid to buy from Valley View R/C.

AV8TOR
Old 11-06-2014, 12:43 AM
hobbychina2010

The DLE and DLA is not same factory. Not the same production process,DLE Engine is a diecast crankcase, DLA is CNC crankcase.

From China Gas Engine:
DLE Engine,EME Engine,

DLA Engine,

CRRC Pro Engine,

MLD Engine,

XYZ Engine,

Hidea Engine(Turnigy TR Gas Engine),

DJ Engine,

RCG Engine,

NGH Engine,

JC Engine

Last edited by hobbychina2010; 11-06-2014 at 12:52 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:13 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

I had parts from a DLE55 and DLA55 but not enough of one brand to complete one engine.
So what I came up with was a engine with a DLA crankcase,DLE crank and rod,piston.DLE cylinder.
i just had to make the opening in the case for the DLE reed cage a little larger to fit.
it runs the same rpm as my two other DLE55's.