Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Need input......please

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Need input......please

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 09:50 PM
lyk2fly
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need input......please

Hey guys, I'm an LMH flyer (am I allowed to say that here?) and worse yet I fly nitro (strike two). Seriously though I saw the Piccolo Fun and Pro on the Radio Control Hobby show on the DIY network. Collective pitch option was mentioned on the show. I can't get the idea of a small electric off of my mind. What are the differences in the Fun and Pro? My LMH 110 is fixed pitch so I'm used to it but I like the idea of collective pitch. How much is the collective upgrade? Is it worth the money? If you fly outside how much wind will they withstand. Is there something better than Piccolo? Do the electric motors hold up? What about LMH Corona? I'm not trying to start a fight but I'm interested because I'm considering buying one or the other.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:15 PM
Mr. Furious

Default RE: Need input......please

Check out www.helihobby.com . They have a ton of info, great videos and make or sell just about everything you can imagine for a micro heli, especially the Ikarus micros. Just to warn you, going CP is not cheap. I just ordered my Piccolo combo becuae my LMH 117 wasn't built in time to fly this year. I plan to learn on the Piccolo this winter and fly the heck out of it so the LMH is a bit easier when I first take it out.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:42 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Fun is fixed pitch. This is the best starting place for these small electrics. Adding the CP upgrade is in the neighbohood of $100, and makes it equivilant to the Pro. Don't bother to get a package that includes NiMH batteries. You will be disappointed. Get Lithium Polymer batteries.
I see basic progression being like this:
1. Fun with LiPo batteries.
2. Add brushless
3. Add CP
Old 10-09-2003, 07:35 PM
lyk2fly

Thanks guys, you have given me some things to think about. With collective pitch would the Piccolo be considered 3D capable?
Old 10-09-2003, 08:06 PM
Hoverup
My Feedback: (11)

The Piccolo Pro with just a few upgrades can do all the 3D you can tolerate.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:42 PM
lyk2fly

Thanks Hoverup.......not that I'm 3D capable but I would like a machine that is or one that could be upgraded.