Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

E-revo brushless

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 11:49 PM
jihad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-revo brushless

Hi Guys,

Please I need your recommendations about buying E-Revo brushless.

thanks
Old 03-20-2015, 08:09 AM
DieHarder

Haha! Here's mine - Don't buy one.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:57 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^agreed
Old 03-21-2015, 07:14 AM
jihad

why???
Old 03-21-2015, 10:30 AM
crazyhorse_001

Traxxas isnt really popular around here. Its not that they're bad, theyre just not a "competition" class piece like say Losi, or Associated

My 2 cents is if you like it, and you can afford it, go for it. Traxxas has super aftermarket support, and you can get nearly any part you'll ever need for one.

I have a nitro revo 3.3, and i love it. Its a bad a** piece. My stepson has a mini e-revo, and its just crazy fast. I've been looking to maybe trade my 3.3 for an e-revo. I love the suspension tech on these pieces, and other than needing sway bars to keep all 4 wheels down, they handle really well, especially in rough terrain.

In short, if you like what you're buying, you'll have more fun with it. Dont always take what you hear on the internet to heart, take it with a grain of salt
Old 03-21-2015, 11:14 AM
jihad

Thanks for the advice
Old 03-21-2015, 05:05 PM
phmaximus

No, not at all... I wouldn't say a car is bad just because it's handling is so bad it can't be raced...

its a combination of that, there redicliously over the top pricing. Oh and let's not forget the very limiting battery compartment

the simple fact is there is better cars out there that are cheaper and last longer...

its up to u really... If u want to wast over $500 on something that's brushed or $800 for brushless version... Go for it.
Personally I would want a lot more for that kind of money
Old 03-21-2015, 11:49 PM
jihad

Any suggestion to get a better than a revo brushless??
Old 03-24-2015, 12:04 PM
Fidy$Trainer
My Feedback: (1)

I love my e-revo! It's not really a racing truck nor do they ever claim it was. But it's very sturdy, is very fast. Very reliable, Their is something to be said for the plastics they use. They are very resilient to abuse. Part's dont bend like Aluminum. Sure it doesn't look as nice or as cool as some of the aluminum stuff out there but these trucks last. Hauls ass on two 3S 5000 hard packs. We used it mostly in the back yard goofing around doing jumps and just racing around a couple of trees. I personally like my E-Maxx better though. There both a ton of fun but I get a lot more clearance with the E-Maxx. I run both trucks on Lipo's and there both AMAZING TRUCKS! You cant go wrong with either. Traxxas support is AWESOME Too. If you ever have any issues then just call them up and they have always taken care of me. Also I love the fact that their water proof. Just spray them down with a hose after your done and spray some WD40 on the screws and put them away until next time. I belive Traxxas is also the best selling brand of ANY RC Truck / car out here so they cant be all that bad. A third option is the VXL Slash 4x4. I have that one too. But it sits on the shelf. That's a pretty good race truck but I prefer jumping and bashing.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:49 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have no personal opinions on the e-revo - but I would take a Savage Flux or the Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 first. If I had deep pockets that is. Which I do not.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:20 PM
DieHarder

I second the Thunder Tiger! The Savage HP is one of the best as well.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:50 AM
phmaximus

I've only heard good things about the mt4, it's a whole lot of truck for the price....
Old 03-26-2015, 08:31 AM
jihad

What about the HPI Truggy trophy flux??? I heard it is a good machine.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:41 PM
DieHarder

I have a recommendation for that too - don't buy one.

They're fragile, not a very good model, has a lot of downtime, that type of thing. Get the Thunder Tiger MT4-G3, Ofna LX2E, or HPI Savage HP. All three of those are tough nails, fast as hell, and will put a smile of serious enjoyment on anyone's (even plane guy's) face.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:15 PM
Large Larry

Oh how I wish everything was as simple as people in this hobby make out. The E-Revo is indeed overpriced, but it also isn't as bad as most people say. The thing you have to realize is that most people within the hobby think they are cool for blindly hating anything to do with Traxxas, so if you want to fit in with those types steer clear of their models. The MT4 G3 also has it's problems ie. weak hinge pins and a weak chassis that WILL bend if you like to jump your truck, it's also hard to find in stock and at times hard to get parts for. The Savage is also far from indestructible. Albeit both of them are cheaper than the E-Revo (but not by that much when you start adding things up), which doesn't automatically make them better, more bang for your buck? yes, tougher? debatable. One of the better trucks I've seen lately is the Arrma Kraton, there was a few ESC problems with the first batch of them but I believe it has since been ironed out, also the shock towers can take a beating once the rear wing breaks, which from what I've read will happen if you like to bash.

Unless people can back up their quips with some actual evidence I would take what they say with a grain of salt, a lot of the stuff people bang on about is at best anecdotal, most of the time the people sharing their "wisdom" haven't even owned the truck they are claiming to know everything about. Dig a little deeper and find out for yourself what the weak points of a truck are before you shell out your cash, because I can bet you this, anything you buy will give you problems if you drive it hard enough.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:33 AM
DieHarder

Large Larry - So the Arrma Kraton is tougher than the MT4-G# and Savage HP?
Old 03-29-2015, 08:33 AM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jihad, are you talking about the full-size E-Revo or the Mini E-Revo? I have heard from owners of the mini E-Revo (aka "Merv") that it needs a lot of aftermarket parts to make it bashable. But I haven't heard that about the big one. And it does have some cool features. But DANG that sucker is expensive! $700+

For my money, if I was looking for something like that, I'd look at the new Arrma 8th-scale stuff like the Kraton, or the Talion. I've seen them at my LHS and they are BEEFY. And fast on 4S Lipo. A guy I know said his Talion was "stupid-fast" on 6S, and preferred running 4S. Jumps well too. Check out the guy's videos here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-e...ah-review.html

Oh, the Talion is about $500. Saves you $200 over the E-Revo that you can spend on good Lipo packs: http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=248
Old 04-08-2015, 05:18 AM
crazyhorse_001

If you ask for opinions, you'll get 'em lol.

At the end of the day tho, its YOUR opinion that matters most, because its YOUR money. Like i said earlier, buy what turns you on. If you do, i promise you'll enjoy it more.

I cant speak about the E-revo, but i CAN speak about the revo 3.3, and the mini E-revo (merv). From experience, they are tough, and stupid fast. Would i race one, nope, but im no racer, im a basher.

If one of the other monster trucks trips your trigger, you cant go wrong with one of the big name brands. All the support, and parts availability you need can be found there too. If you decide on an "off brand" do a google search for parts for the model you're interested in. I have a much modded redcat i have a hard time getting parts for, and it gets frustrating.

Do some research, you'll be glad you did, and i guarantee happier with your purchase, no matter what brand you go with
Old 04-08-2015, 07:58 PM
yamhenliu

The Savage HP is one of the best as well.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:18 AM
Large Larry

Originally Posted by DieHarder
Large Larry - So the Arrma Kraton is tougher than the MT4-G# and Savage HP?
It's hard to say as I don't really work in absolutes like that. From what I've seen the Kraton is a tough rig and it will hold it's own with other MTs/Truggys. Like I said before, they all have their little quirks and the only ones I've seen with the Kraton is what I already mentioned. Sorry for the late reply. I don't get on here much.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:44 AM
DieHarder

No problem man. You've got a life to live, can't spend all your time sitting in front of a computer screen. I'm hearing some pretty good stuff on the Kratons. The ESC apparently had issues when if first came out, but it sounds like they've resolved that. I think it can hold it's own, but I tend to believe the MT4-G3 is better built and technically tougher, but like you say, it'd be pretty hard to compare toughness with identical impacts/landings/etc.
Originally Posted by Large Larry
It's hard to say as I don't really work in absolutes like that. From what I've seen the Kraton is a tough rig and it will hold it's own with other MTs/Truggys. Like I said before, they all have their little quirks and the only ones I've seen with the Kraton is what I already mentioned. Sorry for the late reply. I don't get on here much.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:37 AM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah man, next time your near a hobby shop, stop in and give the new Arrma line a look see. Those puppies are beefy. Hey, they're 8th-scale, true 8th-scale, not just a sized-up 10th-scale platform. I'd wager it's tougher than my short course truck!

This guy just posted this: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...7&goto=newpost
Old 04-11-2015, 06:47 AM
DieHarder

I'll definitely have to check them out sometime. Haven't been to the LHS in about 6 months.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:42 AM
jihad

Any idea or recommendation for the new Losi Ten SCTE