Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DA150 problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Ragz

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default DA150 problem

Hello,

Been having a very bad time with one DA150. This is a relatively unused engine and I am unable to get it to run right. It was broken in with lawnboy ashless in 2011 and since then never used. I recently installed it in an airplane and running with a menz 32x10 and pennzoil 40:1 regular gasoline. The engine starts in 2 flicks.. no issues..

I am getting no more than 5090 rpm on the ground. The H needle is about 1.5 and the L is a shade less than 5/8. ON the ground the transition is not very good and in the air the engine sounds like it will quit any time. Any advice? Should I lean out both needles?

One thing to note: With a XOAR 32x10, I get almost 5800 rpm on the ground, but then it sounds awful in the air…so I changed the prop to a heavier menz…. could this be an indication to something?

I am all set to send this in to the factory if it doesnt work here.

Thank you
Anurag Saraf
India
Old 05-05-2015, 02:46 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you sure the engine isn't running lean on the low end.bad transition is the first sign of that, is the engine running hot? also you might want to check for a clogged screen in the carb.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:47 AM
Ragz

Yes the engine is running hot...Let me try to richen the L...i didn't purposely attempt to go above factory setting of 5/8.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:06 AM
Ragz

What should be the target Idle RPM with a menz 3210? If I remember right, mine is in the 1400-1500 range... isn't that high?
Old 05-05-2015, 06:37 AM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do not have one of those engines but 5/8 turns out for the low end needle is very lean 1 ˝ turns is more usual. Factory settings are not sacred. The actual ones are dependent on the atmospheric conditions where you live. Also try turning the high end needle in closer to one. It may help. Hopefully someone with this engine will respond with some actual experience. Dan.