Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

English instructions for Tokai "Ducted Fan Unit Type II"?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

English instructions for Tokai "Ducted Fan Unit Type II"?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 09:06 AM
adavis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default English instructions for Tokai "Ducted Fan Unit Type II"?

Does anybody know where I can get an English instruction sheet for Tokai 18 "Ducted Fan Unit Type II"?

Many Thanks,
=Adrian=
Old 10-09-2003, 07:36 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: English instructions for Tokai "Ducted Fan Unit Type II"?

Sorry, but there are no English instructions for hthe Toki .18 fan unit. What specifically are you trying to find out?

John
Old 10-11-2003, 07:28 AM
adavis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I can work out how to put it together. There is, however, a largish silver "washer" taped to the cardboard carrier part of the packaging. I'm not sure what this is - Some kind of spare gasket maybe?

What I'm mainly after are operational instructions:-

[ul][*] Initial needle valve setting and running-in instructions.[*] Recommended fuel composition.[*] Any important Do's and Don'ts.
[/ul]

There seems to be quite a lot of information in the Japanese, including a number of bold/bullet points (presumably something important!!).

If you can offer any advice/experience with this engine I would be most grateful.

Many Thanks,
=Adrian=
Old 10-15-2003, 02:56 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The large silver washer is an additional head shim. You would use this if you tried to run high nitro fuel or have a problem with detonation.

I'm personaly not too worried about initial settings as I fire the engine up and richen it up immediately anyway. Start at 2-3 turns and see how it works. Don't even touch the idle until you have a couple of tanks through the engine. Idle adjustment is standard air bleed stuff. I have not heard of anyone needing to drill out the air bleed hole to further lean the idle as is pretty common on a lot of sport engines.

John