Go Back  RCU Forums > RCU Rules & FAQs > RCUniverse.com FAQ
Reload this Page >

Use JR X-BUS and / or Futaba S-Bus with your existing Transmitter

Community
Search
Notices
RCUniverse.com FAQ RCU''s most frequently asked questions.

Use JR X-BUS and / or Futaba S-Bus with your existing Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 05:24 PM
Dilligaf2013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Use JR X-BUS and / or Futaba S-Bus with your existing Transmitter

MMP has an exciting new device available for modelers that allows us to utilise the very latest Serial Bus technology from Futaba and JR without having to go to all the trouble and expense of upgrading your existing transmitter.
MMP MC-32 Signal Converter

Have you thought about getting the latest Serial Bus RC system from JR or Futaba, but the thought of having to replace your transmitter and copy over all the model memory’s put you off?

MMP has the answer with the MC-32 Signal Converter….!

This tiny little device will convert your existing JR or Futaba system to the very latest JR X-Bus or Futaba S-Bus systems.

In my case I wanted the flexibility and expansion options JR’s X-Bus system offers without having to upgrade my existing JR 12x transmitter, as I do not want to be forced to change all my other models over to DMSS in order to use the new X-Bus system, or go to the expense of buying another transmitter.
My 12x transmitter works perfectly fine and DSM-2 has never given me a moments cause for concern.

Now I have the opportunity to utilise X-Bus on whichever plane I choose and yet maintain my other models on DSM-2 and still use the very same transmitter across all the aircraft.

In order to test this system, I used my old JR XP-9303 transmitter with a Spektrum 9channel DSM-2 module and Spektrum 9 channel receiver.
For this test, I utilised the PowerBox Competition SRS as the Serial Bus device.
Going forward, I would simply utilise the JR X-Bus or Futaba S-Bus serial device in place of the PowerBox.
To utilise the MC-32 it’s as simple as plugging in the colour coded signal wire loom into the appropriate channel on the receiver and plug the loom into the MC-32. You will notice the Throttle is plugged into the MC-32 separately and set the MC-32 to the required mode with the supplied pin.

Next, we connected the signal output from the MC-32 to the number 1 signal input of the PowerBox and connect batteries and servos into the appropriate output channels.

The PowerBox has been set as JR X-Bus for the first test and six individual servos set up for the following functions;

Ailerons, Elevator, Rudder, Throttle, Gear, and Flaps.

Even though there is only the one signal wire from the MC-32 into the PowerBox, we have full control of each individual channel as programmed into the Transmitter – including mixing.

We also changed the output to Futaba S-Bus in both the MC-32 (with the supplied pin) and in the PowerBox and then with my JR transmitter I was able to have a compatible operating system with Futaba S-Bus – all with my existing JR transmitter – including mixing just as I did with the system set to JR X-Bus.

This is an amazing product that allows our existing transmitters to be retained and still enjoy the benefits and flexibility the new Serial Bus systems offer.

Website
http://www.mmp-ltd.com/en

FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/MMP.co.ltd

Check out a video demonstration here
[TABLE="class: tborder video-embed-box, width: 640"]
[TR="class: tcat"]
[TD="class: smallfont video-player"]20150531 150706 - YouTube[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: alt1"]
[TD]
[/TD]