Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Help a Newb! please

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 12:10 AM
ZlideWayz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a Newb! please

So, I wanna get into he drifting hobby, but im not sure what to buy that wouldnt burn my wallet at he stake and then cut off my arm for the price, im really loking at the ExceedRC MadSpeed DriftKing Brushless Edition, but nothing over $200.

THANK YOU
Old 06-21-2015, 06:11 PM
skippy7399

Save yourself the headache of buying something online and choose something form a local hobby store. Don't have a local hobby store? Blame everyone that buys online.

With that said I realize everyone that does any searching online for an rc car isn't going for the most expensive, they're looking for the best deal. Unfortunately this searching usually show the least expensive cars first, which also happen to be the worst.

I know some people who used to design web pages, there is a way to make your product show first!

On the other hand there are some good chassis that you may find online, but remember when, not if, you ever need a part you have to go back online and hope they have the part in your countries warehouse. Yes, I'm writing this for everyone.

That being said do your own research. Every time you ask somebody else for their opinion, remember their response is subjective. In other words they may have a favorite manufacture or chassis. It may be good for them, not for you.

Two things when it comes to chassis. Belt driven cars with drift specific chassis will sometimes offer an over drive option for the rear making them easier to drive. Flip side to this is if your driving surface isn't glass smooth and clean a shaft driven chassis will be more reliable and keep the chunks from thrashing the drive train. Shaft driven cars are typically easy to drive any way.

I understand the whole budget thing believe me. Just remember on any rtr car no manufacture is going to include a quality servo or radio system. Also until you decide you like drifting, stick with a brushed motor system. Brushless offer great benefits, but drifting is about torque, not horse power! A brushed motor offers plenty of torque and if kept clean and well lubed will last for a long time. Plus when they do wear out they are cheap to replace. A couple fair choices for you would be the HPI E10 drift or the qualifier line from Team Associated (the blue Lexus rc car drifting in the super bowl commercials). Both are available from Tower Hobbies. So parts support will be good.

That's my two cents.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:46 AM
mosh8877

Hobby king Mission-d, it's a clone of a yokomo bd7 and less than $70 shipped. Just make sure that you get also buy a set of cv axles from the hop up parts listings. Brings the total just over 100 shipped, but it's a cheap way to break into drifting.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:19 AM
boostfreak

I just picked up a built 3racing d3 chassis used on ebay that came with everything except a remote, battery and charger for $250.