Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Which ESC to go wit this setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 01:21 PM
96yellowjacket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which ESC to go wit this setup

I have the original RC10 (gold pan) buggy with 81tooth 48pitch spur gear. 5000mah nimh battery, XP SC200 Team Assoc ESC, with Titan 12T motor. I have had reoccurring issues with the ESC shutting down on overheat. It has also fried 1 previous Reedy Radon 30000 RPM motor (and 2 other old motors before that).

My son has a Grasshopper with the same battery (5000nimh) and Titan 12T motor and has no problems using the Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC that came with his kit.

Not sure which ESC are a good fit for my RC10. I do not race it - just family fun. Should I just get another TBLE-02S like my son has? Give me your recommendations for an ESC that will last with my current set up.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-22-2015, 05:50 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Grab a Traxxas XL5, the ESC that complements those Titan motors from Traxxas.

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/catalog/...d-id-connector