Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Any instruction for Esky Honeybee2/belt cp loop or inverted how to?

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Any instruction for Esky Honeybee2/belt cp loop or inverted how to?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 10:08 AM
rcjpth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any instruction for Esky Honeybee2/belt cp loop or inverted how to?

Hi,
I'm noob, so maybe my question is stupid, un-novice. However, I'd like to know when we flip the esky honeybee k2/belt cp while in the air, which switch should I turn so it will be become inverted, there must be a switch turn so the rotor will be running in reverse in inverted...please help. Below is the esky hbk2/belt cp transmitter, but I couldn't fine which one to turn so the rotor will be running in reverse while the heli up side down (inverted, flipped position). Thanks for your all expert opinion

http://www.heliguy.com/Forum/guide-o...all-t2547.html

Tks,
RCJPTH

My own reply for my question question (really noob) - but please correct me if I'm wrong

The IDLE UP switch once is turned on, throttle up is 100% positive just like lifting upward the helicopter, and leave the throttle stick in middle means 50% positive lifting upward force while not inverted, flipped, but once is flipped, inverted the helicopter, the bottom of throttle stick will be 100% negative (rotor turnning backward while helicopter up side down) so for hovering while flying up side down mean the throttle in negative pitch from the bottom and moving up as decreasing the lifting force for hovering the inverted helicopter...please correct me if I'm wrong - still feeling stupid - but hey better ask than crashing, messing things up... thanks everyone
Old 11-20-2008, 12:12 PM
crimsonrain22

Default RE: Any instruction for Esky Honeybee2/belt cp loop or inverted how to?

The Idle up switch will set your throttle to a fixed setting it has nothing to do with the pitch. While in idle up you will have only pitch(collective) control on the left stick. Do this if you would. Unhook your motor leads. Plug in your battery. Make sure you unhooked your motor one more time. move the collective stick. Now throw the switch and move the stick. Full bottom should give you about 9 degrees negative pitch full up should give you 9 positive. Now for the disclaimer.....if you have to ask these questions you are no where near ready to do loops or rolls. But im glad your wanting to learn and asking before the fact instead of asking what you did wrong.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Druss

Actually the throttle still changes in idle up. The idle up throttle curve is 100-50-100 for low, mid and high stick. The pitch curve is like you said but I don't believe that the esky helis have that much of a pitch range, no more than -8 to +8.

One correction to the OP, the direction the blades travel does NOT change, just the power, they still turn in the same direction. The negative pitch is what provides the lift in an inverted hover/climb.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:33 PM
rcjpth

That's right - I'm not 100% ready but I've been practicing the orientation in all direction but just tried to figure out....get prepared. Ok saying Negative Pitch, once the helicopter is inverted, up side down, we suppose to give it the negative pitch so it can be hovering inverted, up side down...what stick should I switch on or off? I know I have to maintain my throttle simliar to the upward hovering but in this case is inverted hovering...what stick is givign the negative pitch finally?

Tks guys,
RCJPTH

Beside, http://www.heliguy.com/Forum/guide-o...all-t2547.html, where is the collective picth to move/turn on/off in this Esky 6ch transmitter? I seem not to find one called "COLLECTIVE PITCH"

Tks for all your input,
RCJPTH
Old 11-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Druss

Please read the following thread...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6957235/tm.htm

collective pitch is short for cyclic collective pitch mixing (or management) which is often shortened to ccpm. you don't turn on or off ccpm, it's how the heli is designed to work. Your heli is ccpm. In order to do 3D or inverted flight you need to turn on the "idle up" or "stunt mode" switch.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:55 PM
noobflyer01

do you have a sim? this is what you need if you dont.

once you flip the idle up switch. the motor is turning 100% you will have full negative and positive pitch relative to your setup. once inverted you give it more negative pitch to climb and positive pitch to descend. YOU DO NOT TURN OFF THE IDLE SWITCH back to normal mode when inverted. you will crash. once you get the hang of hovering and your side-ins , figure 8 whatever.... start flying in stunt mode. the stock tx does not have a throttle hold switch which kills power to the motor. if you think you're gonna crash using the stock tx ...remember to switch back to normal and throttle all the way down. its not gonna look pretty if you crash flying in stunt mode with the stock transmitter.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:25 AM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

Let me try to put the above replies into terms that a newbie might better be able to understand. ( I am a newbie myself ). In normal mode your left stick changes the throttle and blade pitch at the same time. At low stick you have 0 throttle and around 2 degrees negative blade pitch ( depending on the heli setup, but this is about right for a HBK2 ). When you move the stick to the Mid point you have 50% throttle and about 2 to 3 degrees positive pitch and at High stick, 100% throttle and 7 degrees positive pitch which gives you the Lift to raise the heli. When you flip the Idle up switch (the one on the left) it changes the way the left stick operates. At low stick you will now have 100% throttle and 7 degrees Negative pitch, at Mid stick, 50% throttle and 0 degrees blade pitch, and at high stick , 100% throttle and Plus 7 degrees pitch. Does this make sense now? When in the air and you want to fly inverted you need the same "lift" only in the opposite direction since the heli is upside down. When in the air , you flip the idle up switch, then when you want to fly inverted you pull back on the right stick to get the heli to flip backwards while at the same time pulling back slightly on the left stick so that it don,t plummet to the ground. As the heli begins to become inverted , you continue to pull back slightly on the left stick to add throttle and at the same time to increase the Negative pitch on the blades to give the heli "lift". While inverted, pulling the left stick down will raise the heli, and pushing it up will bring it lower to the ground. Just remember that while inverted , the cyclic ( right stick ) will "seem" to you like it is acting different but it is still the same, it is the Pilot that gets confused and makes the wrong moves that cause the crash[&o].Hope this clears it up for you a little better.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:08 AM
rcjpth

Defintely, all your responses are super helpful. I understand the how to fly inverted now....I'm not afraid of crash, of course it always happens more or less - it's just matter of how much expensive of the crash is.... and I'm telling that I'm prepared for the crash - no pain no gain - I'm not rich but I tend to save in every crash.... I know this hobby is expensive...no dispute but be wise to be crashed

I'm being mastered myself with co-ax douphin which's converted to lama 4 with metal head I replaced... I fly circle, figure 8, etc...reverese for better orientation...etc. So I plan the next step for 6ch heli either Belt cp with tons of upgrade (let say holidays, we can get belt cp for $120 I hope and another $100 for cnc head/tail, esc, powerful motor, esky 074b HH gyro and $50 for spare part in case of crash) OR I might go with Xheli BlackHawk 450SE pro or Exceed RC 450PE....and in future I can save enough to buy the 7ch Dxi spektrum 2.4ghz or Futuba 2.4ghz 6ch with 4 servos...around $300...

Phew!!! it's expensive if we scale down our own pocket for this hobby - well if I go cheap I will buy regular betl cp and all crash prep kit total of $250...well I don;t know - let see what we can get in this holiday black friday online if the heli seller are really into the holiday shopping spirit

Every cent you spend in this holiday season will greatly help the economy - so dont keep cash with yourself (which is just paper) and go out to shop around guys....

Happy flying and thanks for your all input, I greatly appreciate it
rcjpth
Old 01-16-2016, 09:24 PM
silversurfer48

Red face im thinking the same

hey not alone I'm thinking the same but yes you need to set up the heli and the idel up settings before you can do anything like flips and tic toc and so on I'm new to its fun learning from this guys that been around and pilot for some time