Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

bought a fantom .12 i think of problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

bought a fantom .12 i think of problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 06:24 PM
maratIII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bought a fantom .12 i think of problem

hey guys... i bought a fantom .12 with pullstart and i pulled slowly the pullstart 3 times it is really hard.... is this because i havent broken in the engine?????? can somebody tell me is the pullstart in every engine hard before you break it in?
thnx
i have a hpi rs4 rtr3
thnx
marco
Old 10-20-2003, 06:29 PM
NitroFreak

Default RE: bought a fantom .12 i think of problem

Well you want it to be hard to pull that means you have compression. I always put some after run oil in my engine before I break them in to reduce the wear caused by first few pulls
Old 10-20-2003, 06:43 PM
maratIII

the thing is its hard very hard to pull i have to make a big effort to pull it
thats what is worrying me thing im wondering is it damaged as it is?:?????
its hard teh force i have to use to pull it i think i am going to break it just so i can get the string out of the pullstart a little bit
Old 10-20-2003, 09:11 PM
maratIII

help please is this normal im sorry to say and i hate being a noob but im in the states and i live in dominican republic.
again my problem is that when i pull the pullstart it is REALLY HARD the engine is a fantom .12 is it supposed to be like this or is their a problem i want to know to see if i have to return it. again i dont live in the states so i want to make the best of my time and not make mistakes thanks all
Old 10-20-2003, 09:19 PM
dagass

MaratIII,

Take out the glow plug and turn the car upside down. Give the pullstart a couple yanks. If a bunch of fuel comes out, then you've flooded the engine. If you get too much fuel in the combustion chamber and the plug cant burn it off, the engine will hydrolock. If you find that there is no fuel in there, then heat the engine case with a hairdryer for 2 or 3 minutes to get it up to temperature. This will loosen the fit between the piston and the sleeve. My guess is that you're flooded though.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:12 AM
Monster Flip

I agree with DAGASS....well said DAGASS! ...I hope you didn't pull it when there wasn't anything in it yet....by the way is this the FR12? with the red Head? Let me know hot is once you get it to start.....how much was it? got the link for it?
Old 10-21-2003, 12:58 AM
maratIII

The engine is brand new , I just got it today . I'm in miami and my car is in the Dominican Republic . I yanked the pull start and it was hard . I wanted to know this , so that I could change it , before I get back
Old 10-21-2003, 01:14 AM
Monster Flip

How much was it?