Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Foam Glue

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 08:37 AM
douglas racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foam Glue

I'm not sure if this is the right place but I had hoped to start a string and get some input on what people are using to glue foam airplanes. EPO/EPP/DEPRON I'm not that big on foam CA as it's expensive and not stocked anywhere close to me. I've used UHU Por in the past and it was great, but like the foam CA I find it expensive and not sold anywhere near me. I'd like to find some easily accessible rubber contact type cement like UHU Por. The dollar store has contact cement but experimenting with it I found it melted foam. Any suggestions? Thanks for looking.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:10 PM
tunakuts3d

DAP Weldwood water based contact cement should work for foam
http://www.dap.com/dap-products-ph/w...ontact-cement/
Old 02-16-2016, 03:10 PM
douglas racer

That seems like a good idea. I hadn't heard of water based contact cement. UHU Por doesn't say it's water based. Anyway, I looked on the Home Depot website (Canada) but they didn't show it, which is odd because I know they carry DAP products. They did have Lepage water based contact cement though. I'm going to try it. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:42 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use Lepages Presstite-green for sheet work, otherwise, hotglue gun for regular building.

Gord.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:06 AM
douglas racer

I'll have to try the hot glue thing too. I haven't tried it on foam but I was always thought it wouldn't bond well to foam. I think the presstite is similar to the DAP he mentioned about.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:55 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hot glue and foam were made for each other,
Experiment with it on scraps and see what you think.