Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

RC Timing iOS App

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 12:48 AM
cappa_22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Timing iOS App

Hello!

I just signed up to show you the iOS I've been working on lately. It is named RC Timing and I think it can be useful for you guys too.

https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/...092261747&mt=8

I've also created a homemade video where you can see it working for slot racing too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NEOvyvhID8

RC Timing is an App that tracks lap times for cars. It can be used in both indoor and outdoor tracks and it can be also used for slot racing. This App is not intended to replace your club’s timing system. It is thought to help you in situations where you want to practice and the local timing system is not available. RC Timing uses voice synthesiser during timing sessions so you can connect your iOS device to a Bluetooth speaker and you will know about your last time, your opponent last time, your best personal time and the overall best time.

It uses the main (back) camera for tracking cars’ colours. It is quite important that you learn how to properly setup both the car and the track configuration in order to get good results. RC Timing internally works by processing the camera view and tracking a configured color during timing sessions. So there are a couple of settings that must be configured to avoid as many errors as possible given the fact that both ambient luminosity and other cars that may be on track simultaneously affect the processed colors.

All logged laps are stored and can be later seen per car profile and track so you can have a history of all tracked laps in a given track.

It is a free App which allows you to test it properly. It also ships In App Purchases for advance features but the free version is fully functional.

Thanks!