Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

MS hornet question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

MS hornet question

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 02:11 PM
jrbracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MS hornet question

I have a chance to buy a FP ms hornet micro heli that is completely RTF it has a GWS full radio system with gyro, two batteries, small crash kit, extra set of carbon fiber blades (along with the stock blades which are in excelent condition). Is this a good heli? I have never flowen one before and how much would a set up like this be worth?
Old 10-24-2003, 07:46 AM
rototiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MS hornet question

You'd be looking at somewhere around $500-$600 Canadian to buy this setup. To check, go to www.helihobby.com or www.deeteeenterprises.com and check out the prices. When you say GWS full radio system, do you just mean the flight pack, or do you get a transmitter too.

The Hornet is a good heli. Because it is a shaft driven tail, it requires some setup, but when it is set up correctly, it works really well, and is super responsive. Its basically a choice between tweaking the tail adjustment alot, or replacing your tail rotor motor every month !

Many people also consider them fragile, but that has not been my experience. I have damaged my heli very little, even after hitting tree trunks with them. I think many people consider them fragile because you have to build the heli yourself, and many people are crappy builders.