Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

rtr3 with 15cvr

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 03:36 AM
apache
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rtr3 with 15cvr

I am breaking in my 15cvr engine and it cuts off a lot around 1 1/2 on the high speed needle and when I close the needle to 1 1/4 it runs better. This is all happening in my driveway and all I am doing is blipping the throttle and going back and forth in the driveway. My temp gun shows a maximum temp of around 200 degree. I would like to know what would be a normal setting for the engine to run at. I have a rtr3 and running trinty 20%, and I ran like around 10-12 tanks so far, is this too early to be complaining or should I go to a parking lot and open up the throttle. Thank You.
Old 05-09-2002, 01:57 PM
h82crash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rtr3 with 15cvr

Sounds like your low end needle is lean. Open it a turn or so and the high end out to two. You have plenty of time on the engine to run it up and set the high end needle. Once the high end is set then slowly lean the low end 1/8 turn at a time. When you jam full throttle and it dies it's lean. If it slowly accelerates it's still rich. When in doubt of the settings, Always open both needles way past normal and begin leaning out the high end first. Also, the smallest piece of dirt or debris in the needle assembly will really drive you nuts, make sure it's clean.