Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

pro vs. eco

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 07:41 PM
Adam_PicoPro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pro vs. eco

I want to get a new electric heli and want one that can do full 3d. What is a better choice out of the piccolo pro and the eco 8/16. how much wind can the pro stand. and can the piccolo fun be upgraded to CP(hobby lobby says it cant on there website.)The logo is out of my budget and i need some input.
thanks
Old 10-17-2003, 08:26 AM
Hoverup
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: pro vs. eco

Widen your horizons a little and take a look at the Robbe Eolo. I have not flown a small CP heli that is as capable as this little high quality package from Robbe. Go here for other opinions.................http://runryder.com/helicopter/f81p1/
Old 10-18-2003, 11:43 AM
Dodgey99

Both the Picollo Pro and the Eco 8 are totally sh1te in the wind. I have both.

Pic Pros are a money-sink. Trust me.

The Eolo (I have one) absolutely rocks.
Old 10-18-2003, 01:24 PM
NitroMedic
My Feedback: (7)

Good afternoon my friends,

Where can I get some info/pics of the Robbe Eolo electric? I'm really interested in a high-quality heli. The "money" issue is no biggie. I just want my moneys' worth.

Thanks a million,
Shayne
Old 10-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Adam_PicoPro

can the eolo do full aerobatics if upgraded? or can it even be upgraded to cp?
Old 10-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Hoverup
My Feedback: (11)

http://www.rchover.com
Old 10-21-2003, 04:44 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Adam,
Do you already ahve heli experience? If not, I woiuld recommend the FP versions of the Piccolo over the Pro. Learn the setup. Learn to fly it. Learn to troubleshoot issues on a more simple, more rugged model. Then upgrade to Collective.
If you have previous nitro heli experience, then the advice changes.
One advantage to the Piccolo over bigger models is the ability to fly indoors. I learned in my livingroom.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:29 AM
Sao

I have a Pro and it does fly in the wind, its not easy but it is possible. Its much harder to hover it in the wind than it is to fly it around in the wind.
Dodgey yep the Pro can be a bit of a money trap but if you buy the right bits first time and you can actually already fly helis it doesnt cost that much in up-keep.
It will fly fine in stock format with a brushless motor. The weekest part of the whole machine is the pitch slider, they break even if you look at them to hard. Ally replacements are redily available though. ally swash adds some more precision to the swash assembly and also a bit more durability. There is also the Ally hub to stop you losing bearings and again add more durability likewise with the Delrin A/R link

Again as already mentioned if you havent flown before start with a FP machine or alternatively you could try the Eolo
I havent flown an Eolo but from the comments on here and form what else i have heard it is a very good machine.It can do acrobatics if set-up correctly again as with all electric helis a brushless set-up and lithiums will get the best from it and turn it in to a tru 3d heli.

Theres also the litemachines Corona to consider this is a FP machine but is a good learner and is pretty resilient to crashes

Hope some of this helps
Old 10-21-2003, 12:47 PM
Dodgey99

The thing that got my goat was blades cost £20!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Adam_PicoPro

I have experience with my brothers piccolo fp, we fly it al the time i am just considering the pro for down the road when i master the FP version.

I also practice on G2 every day.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:27 AM
Sao

Dodgey you dont need to remind me about the blades....
Says a man whos been thru 30 odd sets of 'em[sm=surprised.gif]
The CF blades from Walt are slightly cheaper than stock woodies and are more resilient in small arrivals
Old 10-28-2003, 05:10 AM
gliderpilot69

The Eolo should handle the wind very well. It has a higher rotor loading. The Logo 10 really isn't that expensive when compared to getting a Hornet 3d capable. The Logo is 3d capable right out of the box. It is recomended to use a brushless setup for best power and duration but the Logo 10 can be fitted with a brushed motor. The Logo10 can be fitted with a slightly longer tail boom and you can run standard 550 mm blades. Those blades are .30 glow size and are available at most hobby shops. Also Tower Hobbies sells them I think for about $18.00. IMO the Logo is probably alot cheaper to own and operate than most other helis.

Cheers,

Shannon