Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Need help choosing a motor for RC Legends race car

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 11:03 AM
cougar347

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help choosing a motor for RC Legends race car

Hello, just getting started in RC car racing. I decided to build a Legends 1/10 scale car.

The organization's rules are as such pertaining to motor choices:

"Use of a DURATRAX DTXC 3301 brushed motor setup or a 21.5 brushless motor will be allowed. The use of a 4 cell NiMh or 1s lipo will be allowed."

My preference would be to go with a brushless motor, but the 1s lipo battery confuses me. It seems that most of the 21.5 motors that I've found with a very preliminary search are powered by 2s lipos.

I'm hoping that someone can steer me in the right direction. Are there 21.5 brushless race motors that run on 1s lipos, or should I just stick with the brushed motor?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2017, 04:40 PM
bill_delong

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

There are tons of very competitive 1S motors on the market... I would stick to one that was ROAR approved in 2017 to play it safe... fastest motor I've seen at my club is the Trinity Monster Max... do not confuse this with the older and slower Maxzilla... Best Lipo would be an LiHV if you can find one in 1S... my go to brand is ProMatch Racing... good luck!