Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic
Reload this Page >

WREN 54 XICOY settings assistance please

Community
Search
Notices
Turbine Clinic Get direct support from the major turbine manufacturer support reps in here.

WREN 54 XICOY settings assistance please

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 03:18 AM
Rich_Hull

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WREN 54 XICOY settings assistance please

Hi,

I apologise that my first post on here is asking for help however I’m very new to turbines and I’m really struggling with this turbine.

I’ve had a problem whereby the turbine spools up on gas but never gets to the switchover point for kero, It says RAMPING on the GSU but only reaches 18,000 RPM before the EGT temp rockets to about 880 degrees and I panic and shut it down. I have no idea why it’s getting so hot!!

The strange thing is it ran fine for the first 4 flights but after that it’s not ever managed to run again. In my stupidity I made some changes to the XICOY FADEC and things have just got worse and worse! I’m kicking myself that I didn't document the settings before making any changes. My worry now is that I’ve changed so much in desperation that I’ve probably made matters worse.

Could someone that has a WREN 54 (MK 2 or 3) auto Gas Start post their XICOY settings please so I can compare.

Please let me know if I've missed any vital info that could help.

I am very, very grateful for any help

Rich

Last edited by Rich_Hull; 09-11-2018 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:00 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wren mk 3 fadec settings

hi rich - nobody else come in so here we go; max rpm 155.000 idle 45.000 stop speed 30.000 max temp 800 .min temp 100 . pump start point auto +0 start ramp 6 acceleration delay 15. deceleration delay 15 . stability delay 50 these settings taken from fadec users manual vi.i 6/11/02 down load it to adjust as necessary it tells you all you want to know ch from the uk.