Nearly new Boomerang Jets Turbinator II

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 02:10 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Nearly new Boomerang Jets Turbinator

Nearly new Boomerang Jets 81.5" WS Turbinator

Air frame only has 3 flights on it. This is my second Turbinator, my first one had around 30 flights, but a broken steering cable sent it into the barricade at Mississippi Afterburner last year severely damaging the airframe. I was able to buy a complete airframe for around the price of the replacement parts so I bought it and moved everything over. Everything, with the exception of the engine was bought new for the original plane a year and a half ago. Engine is an original, propane start Jet Central Rabbit that puts out 19lbs. Engine was bought from the original owner after receiving a full service from Jet Central and now has 4 hrs 19 minutes on it. While the engine is currently set up for propane start (green Coleman propane bottles, not Powermax), it has an internal, ceramic ignitor and can be upgraded to full kero start by Jet Central for around $400. Airframe also includes:

Hitec 5645 servos on all flight surfaces
Robart 630 gear with Dreamworks trailing link struts and Airpower wheels
Xicoy electronic air valves on retracts and brakes
2 Electrodynamics 2500 mah A123 packs for RX, 4,000 mah 2S LiPo for turbine
Set of Hobby Pak wing bags

This is an excellent first turbine or, like it was for me, a great knock around plane for the days you want to fly a turbine, but don't want to break out one of the bigger, more expensive planes. The plane can be had either with or without the Spektrum RX. I guarantee this plane is 100% ready to fly. If you buy it with the RX I'll send you the program out of my DX-18 and you can fly it as soon as you get it, if you should so desire. Plane is located in south central Louisiana, I can meet within a reasonable distance or crate and ship at buyer's expense. Shipping by truck freight will be around $200, I'll cover the crate cost. Asking $2,900 bind and fly or $2,700 w/o RX. I'm selling the plane to thin the fleet and to help finance a bigger trailer (current trailer also for sale) so not really interested in trades.

Last edited by rcmigpilot; 01-04-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:53 PM
Larry J
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
Are you certain this is a Turbinator 2? It looks like the full size Turbinator. The T2 is designed for a 60N and has a span of only 70". 630 Robarts would be hard pressed into a T2 I think.

Either way very nice!
Old 01-04-2019, 04:50 PM
sam@ata
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im pretty sure its a full size Turbinator V2 from the looks as i have one currently. The Turb 2 has wing tanks and does take the the 60N size engine. Good luck on your sale.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:59 PM
rcmigpilot

You guys are correct, this is the larger 81.5" span Turbinator V2 not Turbinator II, I've edited the post to make it a bit clearer, but RCU will not let me edit the title or delete the ad and repost

Last edited by rcmigpilot; 01-04-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:16 PM
Alberto Perez

Default Alberto Perez

Hi:
Please contact me at 787-501-5276 to make you an offer.
Regards,
Alberto
Old 01-12-2019, 04:10 PM
rcmigpilot

What would be a good day and time?
Old 01-14-2019, 07:31 AM
Alberto Perez

Default Alberto Perez

That's my Cel. Phone #.