Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 Aresti Wheel Pants

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Hanger 9 Aresti Wheel Pants

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 10:43 AM
akmiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 Aresti Wheel Pants

Got the Hanger 9 Aresti... having difficulty w/ the wheel pants. The instructions for this section are quite poor, to say the least.

Can anyone assist me? Perhaps you have an Aresti and would let me know how you installed the wheel pants. The instructions mention epoxying a piece of ply into the pant, but nothing of the sort is included in the box.

Also, how much of the axle fits inside the pant, and how big does the whole for the axle have to be?

Thanks, in advance

Andrew
Old 02-05-2003, 07:42 PM
mahoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 Aresti Wheel Pants

I also had trouble with the Aresti wheel pants. I drilled the holes as per the instructions but could not get them to go on. I would recommend making a slot to allow the axel to slide up into the pant. The width of the slot should be just large enough for the threads. I used a thin metal washer instead of the wood plate. It was too thick to allow the nut to go all the way on. If I recall I had to move the pant up quite a bit from the location on the plan to keep them from dragging on the grass. I did not use the little screws for the pant, I just put some CA on and it has held so far.

Good luck, you will like this plane. It is a good flier.

Mitch