Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Hi all new to the forum and would like to ask a question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hi all new to the forum and would like to ask a question

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 02:11 PM
edteach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi all new to the forum and would like to ask a question

I just bought this tank its a Heng Long up graded with metal tracks and gears and idler wheels 1/16. I would like to give it a bit of a paint job. I want to do either tan camo or leave it gray and add aging with dry brushing and other colors to make it look used. I have never done anything with a tank or 4 wheels before. I was for about 4 years into flying RC planes and built several. I also had two drones I played with. I think I got an OK deal it was 219 for this model.Upgraded steel gear box, upgraded metal tracks and and metal sprocket and idle wheels, 360 degree rotating turret, turning electric slip rings, hand made and installed on tanks not factory configuration, Modified 3800mah High power rechargeable Modified sound box hand made and installed more realistic sounds and simulation engine and cannon not factory, If anyone could give me opinions on this model and if anyone has a video or picutres of a paint scheems for a tiger 1 I would appreciate any help. I will be picking up a new air brush as I sold my modeling things off when I got out of the model building.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:10 PM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello, welcome! Couple of things..... just my opinion btw. Metal and plastic do not play well together. Metal tracks eat hulls , extra weight kills gearboxes..... etc...
the big thing is decide where you want to go with the tank....bb gun?, shelf queen? Ir battler? Or go cat hunting....

as for information.... this is a ok site...
Tiger I Information Center - Tiger history

Old 10-18-2019, 03:42 PM
mustclime

Not sure which tiger you have but if it is an older tiger from hL, this is a good thread....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-t...ter-point.html
Old 10-18-2019, 03:49 PM
mustclime

Old 10-18-2019, 05:04 PM
1qaz

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Hello EdTeach and welcome to the tank forum! I don't know a thing about the particular model you have but I do know that You Tube is an awesome source for any kind of paint and weathering for armor models.
What you might try is checking out a bunch of different "how to" videos on You Tube and find a paint job that you like and see how they did it. There is some incredible talent out there and they have made their techniques available to all of us.
The IPMS is another great source for info regarding paint & weathering for your Tiger.
Best of luck and when you get done post a photo for us,
Larry