Go Back  RCU Forums > Marketplace
Reload this Page >

Dumas Miss THRIFTWAY HYDROPLANE RC BOAT 1/2a COX RC .049 Powered VINTAGE RC Boat

Community
Search
Notices

Dumas Miss THRIFTWAY HYDROPLANE RC BOAT 1/2a COX RC .049 Powered VINTAGE RC Boat

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 02:17 PM
kevinsburns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLD Dumas Miss THRIFTWAY HYDROPLANE RC BOAT 1/2a COX RC .049 Powered VINTAGE RC Boat

Vintage Dumas Miss Thriftway 1/2a Cox powered, 2 ch rc hydroplane with Cox Engine.
Not sure of engine size the .049 is just for searching.
$250.00 + 4 pound Shipping
item located in Kenton, Ohio 43326

Engine is smooth and turns over, and is R/C but is slightly tight from storage and fuel/oil.

Driveline is smooth and free turning. Metal drive shaft is straight and true.

Rudder is also solid and free turning.

Being a vintage engine and driveline both should be checked over.
(I did not attempt to start the engine)

The plastic prop's drive dog section is missing, the drive pin in the driveshaft is present but will need a new prop.

Paint is two part epoxy but do to the vintage age is starting to crack but wood is solid but I have no idea what simple repair if any will be needed under the paint cracks as the wood seems and feels solid.
There is one spot on the deck where the wood is slightly weak, this is near the cowling, most likely from pinching the cowling into the hull so please see picture 5.
The hull in general is ready to run and solid.

Do to nature of hobby selling AS-IS

17 1/2 by 7 inch

I am an ex IMPBA district 4 member Life Number 15319, and have described this boat to best of my r/c boat knowledge. I am not online much but I have not left the hobby either.

Last edited by kevinsburns; 01-04-2020 at 05:13 AM.