Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more
Reload this Page >

Help picking lightest Tamiya chassis with best grip for indoor racing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Help picking lightest Tamiya chassis with best grip for indoor racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 12:41 PM
TheRoadRunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help picking lightest Tamiya chassis with best grip for indoor racing

Hello guys,

I am building an autonomous car that will be driven indoors. The surface is made out of matts (so I guess closest comparison would be clay material?) and has some inclines and declines (no bankings).

We are aiming on getting the best lap times so a light chassis with a good weight distribution for good grip is required and after searching the web I did not get very much info on the chassis’s below.

I would really appreciate if I can get some help from you guys on the chassis choice and would appreciate some tyre recommendations too!

My current options are:

-TT-02RR

-TT-02 Type S

-TB-05 PRO

-TB-04R

-TA05-VDF

Any additional option in the $200-300 range is welcome!

Thank you!

Last edited by TheRoadRunner; 04-17-2020 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:50 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi the roadrunner if you racing dont all the competitors have to have a min weight requirement and motor of the same kv like a 21.5 class and a max measured battery voltage requirement well you have to get the car set up, the chassis, shocks ,shock oil front and rear
springs stiffer or softer , ride height camber , caster toe in , toe out hard tires , soft tires with tread , with out tread saucing the tires alumiumn chassis for on road carpet racing , black carpet made is medium high traction carpet the gray carpet is medium to low traction carpet ok carbon fiber chassis for asphalt because it has a little more flex in the chassis this is what i know a lot of guys run youwill have to build test and tune it ok i run a xray t4 on road touring car for carpet racing good luck with you choice , build and set up ok mugey