Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

RadioLink RC3S 4ch 2.4GHz Radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 08:06 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RadioLink RC3S 4ch 2.4GHz Radio

The RadioLink RC3S four channel radio system has many fans in the hobby, and reviews can be found all over the www.

I just want to start thread in case someone feels the need to ask questions, and/or make comments about the radio.

I personally was looking for a radio system that had the option for a gyro. The RadioLink RC3S was that system. The transmitter comes with a R4EH-H non-gyro receiver, but the RC3S radio allows you to purchase and bind RadioLink's R4EH-G receivers with integrated gyros at a later time if you so desire. Perfect, for me, as the price between the RC3S, and the RC4G systems was great enough to justify non-gyro system to start with...I like being able to get a little bit of "fish-tailing" action going on during my 2wd off-road RCing.

There was a concern of mine, thanks to RadioLink's website, that having the RC4G radio and wanting to buy/use a R4EH-H non-gyro receivers was not possible. Website states specs for R4EH-H non-gyro receivers: "R4EH-H, 2.4G 4channel receiver, FHSS. Use for Radiolink TX RC3S (Note: Cannot bind to RC4G)". I didn't want to be stuck with buying only gyro integrated receivers if I chose to go the RC4G route. Later on I seen users had success in binding the Tx/Rx with no issues.

Last edited by RustyUs; 09-17-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:23 AM
RustyUs

RadioLink has new radio system out, and two new receivers to go with it. Their website said the new R4F (non-gyro), and R4FG (gyro) receivers have a new communication chip, and the receivers were compatible with RC3S, RC4G and 8 channel transmitter T8FB.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170602170009366.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	2232542
I received a R4F receiver in the mail the other day, and was skeptical that it would bind with my RC3S. I read one report stating the R4FG receiver did not bind with older RadioLink radios. Well, the R4F did bind to my RC3S on the first try, and has at least a 468' range.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:12 AM
Jim85IROC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice! I've got an RC3S that I use on my Bomber, and I also have the Hobbyking version of the RC4G that I still haven't used. I really like the radio, and eventually I want to replace the pile of transmitters that I have for my various cars with these two.
Old 08-23-2020, 04:04 PM
RustyUs

Well, that was short lived. One sentence sums it up. RadioLink is no better than other lower budget radio systems. That's just my opinion. Was the sub-$40 radio and receiver worth it for the two-ish years of good service? If you search hard enough, you'll find the good, and the bad in everything...some more than others. The throttle potentiometer on the RC3S has gotten squirrely in the neutral zone. I'd say it's been that way for at least a year now. I was blaming my two cheap ESCs going bad, and I just put up with the problematic reverse/brake issue. After switching to another Tx/Rx on my SC, and stadium trucks, everything is back to normal.