Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Project startup

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 06:36 PM
Rougejackalope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project startup

Hi all its been years since my last rc car (really old traxxas stampede) and have been wanting to build a new rc with a borderlands runner style but i can not wrap my head around setting up a pair of out runner brushless motors to go in the rear tires and the ecu to go with it. It will be around a 1:10 scale and used at my local skate park and some light off road. It doesn't need to be a speed king but i want to make it have a good acceleration to zip around and just have fun with it. Any help with this will be appreciated.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:22 AM
skurtzicus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know some pictures for reference would be good to help figure out easier what your plans are and maybe some of your own suggestions too on what platform(s) your thinking of using for your chassis. Im guessing you want something durable the 4wd slash is good and you had a traxxas before , also there's the arrma stuff, not too sure about hpi anymore but i know it used to be good.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:48 PM
Rougejackalope

Click image for larger version

Name:	Borderlands-FAV-h1.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	2268357
i want to do something like this but i want to run the motors in the rear wheel hubs. the front will be unpowered but will try the leaning steering like in the pic.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:38 AM
skurtzicus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thast looks cool im looking forward to see how your going to do this.
Old 02-02-2021, 04:38 PM
BrandonBob

Default -

So I have a rear wheel, I thought It was off a cb550, but the Axle I have fits it.. It has a much smaller32 sprocket on the rear and I have a choice of fronts.

I also have a much larger rear sprocket43 ...

So what are the best options for land speed? Small front and back? small back larger front?