Community
Search
Notices
Digital Camera & Photo Editing Discuss digital cameras in this forum. Products, comparisons, usage, tips for getting your rc photos on the web. Software photo editing and touch up tips.

Is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 05:27 PM
ShaynDaPain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible?

Okay, Newb question here.

Is it possible; to take photos from an RC car, in low-light conditions, transmitted directly to my iphone? Photos must be decent quality as they will be used in report writing. They don't have to be crystal clear, but they have to be able to see what's going on. Also, I plan on making an RC inspection 4wd crawler with plenty of powerful LED lights to brighten up the crawlspaces I'll have it in.

Oh also, can I use the same camera for FPV driving or do I have to have a 2nd camera?? The RC hobby shop told me I need a 2nd Camera, but I got the feeling they didn't know much.

Please help. Thanks
Old 09-11-2018, 08:29 AM
rgburrill

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts

Use an FPV video camera instead. You can use your iPhone to convert the video images to stills. As long as you are not flying this should be legal. The only question is the legality of using RC cars for commercial purposes without a license/permit. I wouldn't know who to ask about that but you could try the FCC. Again, as long as you are not flying you aren't running afoul of FAA regulations.
My comments assume you are in the United States since you don't give your location.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:40 PM
ican3d

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaynDaPain
Okay, Newb question here.

Is it possible; to take photos from an RC car, in low-light conditions, transmitted directly to my iphone? Photos must be decent quality as they will be used in report writing. They don't have to be crystal clear, but they have to be able to see what's going on. Also, I plan on making an RC inspection 4wd crawler with plenty of powerful LED lights to brighten up the crawlspaces I'll have it in.

Oh also, can I use the same camera for FPV driving or do I have to have a 2nd camera?? The RC hobby shop told me I need a 2nd Camera, but I got the feeling they didn't know much.

Please help. Thanks
Yes you can use the same (one) FPV camera for FPV driving and also take snapshots to smartphone/iphone. I build and drive lots of FPV trucks and 4WD crawlers. Below are my videos and also some setup for smartphone. Hope it helps to give you an idea how it works.

Videos:
The following users liked this post:
Edward Simpson (05-05-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 10:20 AM
mechanic88

I don't see any reason why it should not be possible to do it.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:39 AM
Alex57915

Great..