Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Need engine help

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 08:17 PM
Dragonsoul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need engine help

I have a gs racing shadow sb1 and wanna put another engine in it right now it has a r15st in it does anybody know what other engines are the same? I've searched for almost a week now and can't find any info
Old 12-26-2020, 04:51 PM
Dragonsoul

Anybody?
Old 12-30-2020, 07:25 AM
D3MON

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

looks as if the SB1 uses a SG style crankshaft, so your options are pretty good, most any engine in the .12-.20 range.
traxxas pro 15
traxxas 2.5(R)
Dynamite .19 Mach 2
SH18 --- make sure either a SG style crank version, a short threaded crank version (you will need a pilot shaft), or a long threaded crank (you will need to trim the crankshaft AND get a pilot shaft).

hope that helps.
Old 04-06-2021, 03:05 PM
HPINitroGuy

Default Cleaning an Engine

If someone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated, and to preface the conversation, I'm pretty much a noob
I am running an OS 18cvrx in my nitro rs4-3 and I havent used it since last summer so its been sitting during the winter with a little less than 1/4 of a tank of fuel leftover in the tank. I disassembled the engine to find out that its pretty nasty inside-i am not sure if its surface rust or just dried up nitro fuel, doesnt seem like a big deal, but i would like to clean it simply because shes a shelf queen lol, also carb seems pretty gummed up. Can anyone please tell me how to go about cleaning the small amount of rust/dried up fuel out of the crankcase and top of piston and also how to clean the carb. I have heard from some to use wd-40 while others say not to because it ruins o-rings and bearings, others have said use 50/50 mix of Marvel mystery oil and atf and i honestly just dont know what to do and i dont wanna make a detrimental mistake without asking for help first