Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

crock pot

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 06:45 AM
tinman
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: crock pot

i throw some parts in my manstyle chili when it gets cold out and need somethin spicy.....most def. cleans parts well not to mention how it clears out what ails ya too...wifey doesn't seem to appreciate it much though .......
Old 10-18-2003, 06:28 PM
Stripes
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the guys here mentioned Scothbrite for cleaning. Be aware that GM, and I presume the other auto manufacturers, warn against the use of it. Seems it is made of Aluminum Oxide and that any particles left behind will destroy bearings. If you use it be sure to clean up carefully.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:32 PM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK , got a question for you crock pot gurus..... what do you do if you over cook the engine and the engine becomes discolored????? My Enya looks worse than when I put it in the pot !!.. It turned it a dark grey. Yes, I left the darn thing on high for more than a day.... so much for reading the instructions first...@!!!!!

help guys !!.. or do I need to break out the metal polish?

thanks again...

Dan
aka deadstik....[8D]
Old 11-11-2003, 10:08 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UP DATE SINCE MY LAST POST

I took my ASP 91 2 stroke apart and left it in the crock pot for about 24 hrs. Blew it out with a air hose and lubricated it with WD40. Put it back together. Put it on the engine test stand and gave it a short burst with the starter. The engine came to life, the RPM kept climbing and climbing to pull throttle. So I let it run the tank out. I was so impressed with the engine, I ran two more tanks throught it.
One thing I noticed between all the tanks the High RPM got better and better. On low idle the engine purrs like a kitten.

Only couple of complaints... like Deadstik said before the engine caseing turned a grayish color. I wonder if Engine brite will brighten things up. Any ideas on brighning up the engine.
Also the carbon on the head did not totally come off, I was able to get it off the piston with a tooth brush, but the inside of the head still has a little carbon film on it after scrubbing it with a tooth brush.
NEDYOB