Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

1/14 semi trucks, where to go?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 08:25 PM
RichJohnson

Received 380 Likes on 240 Posts
Default 1/14 semi trucks, where to go?

So Im a tank guy, but I got a Tamiya King Hauler.
What forum is the place where people go for 1/14 semis and what are good websites for sources of parts and trailer components to build your own trailers?
Old 02-18-2021, 04:02 PM
Lins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
So Im a tank guy, but I got a Tamiya King Hauler.
What forum is the place where people go for 1/14 semis and what are good websites for sources of parts and trailer components to build your own trailers?
Wow is this place really this dead now? I’m looking at getting a King Hauler and modifying it so I thought I’d check in here. This thread is like the 10th on the list and it’s from last year sometime. I might check in occasionally (it’ll be a slow build) and see if we can raise some interest in the 1/14 world.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:06 PM
Tamiya Fan

Every one went to Facebook, which I personally think sucks. All forums are bad now. Thanks Photobucket!
Old 02-25-2021, 08:25 PM
Lins

Originally Posted by Tamiya Fan
Every one went to Facebook, which I personally think sucks. All forums are bad now. Thanks Photobucket!
yeah I can’t stand so called ‘forums’ on Facebook.
Old 03-19-2021, 06:00 AM
terminator3d3700

I too, am looking for a 1/14 semi forum. I have 3 Tamiya 1/14 scale semis. I have the Knight Hauler (My first one), the Scania R620 Highline (2nd one) and the Freightliner Cascadia Evolution.
I am looking for a better tail light configuration for the Cascadia Evolution. The one it comes with sucks. You can barely see the turn signals.
I have added the MFC-01 to the Knight Hauler and Freightliner, and a MFC-03 for the Scania. I am adding other lights for them also. The lights are getting very expensive.
I have 3 trailers as of now. The container trailer, the flatbed trailer and the tank trailer. The 3 trailers have the light kits and motorized support legs. I have a lowboy on the way.
I will post some pictures of my fleet when I get them complete.

I don't have and never will have Facebook. I guess we could start a 1/14 scale semi trucks thread.
Old 03-19-2021, 06:07 AM
Lins

I just received two types of jewelry chain to make some snow chains. The tire is from a 1/10 Slash. Should look fairly scale with a 1/14 tire. Just for looks , not functional, to hang off the king hauler. Might try a size bigger still. We’ll see

Old 11-23-2021, 12:06 PM
Lins

Wow, March is when I last posted on here. Finally got around to starting the King Hauler, it was a Father's Day gift. I promptly ordered the longer frame rails and extra axle after I unwrapped it. Tonight I plan to paint the transmission red to get some contrast. I'd like to say similar to Cummins red but I doubt it'll be that close.

I just ordered the tires I want from amainhobbies. They currently have 10% off for Black Friday.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:08 AM
meowy84

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Revival time! I'm in the same boat as you. Not gonna ask how old you all are though. lol Anyways, yup FB sucks. This forum (and many others) seems to be dead as well in most areas.

I came here looking for alloy front drums/hubs for the King Hauler (I don't need rims, just need the alloy hubs compatible with all those aftermarket cnc/alloy rims...... anyone know a source because it looks like they have to be bought together with the wheels? (preferably based in US).

Last edited by meowy84; 01-31-2022 at 12:34 PM. Reason: correction
Old 01-31-2022, 10:18 AM
Lins

Originally Posted by meowy84
Revival time! I'm in the same boat as you. Not gonna ask how old you all are though. Anyways, yup FB sucks. This forum (and many others) seems to be dead as well in most areas.

I came here looking for alloy front drums/hubs for the King Hauler (I don't want rims, just want ro switch the plastic hubs to alloy ones. anyone know a source? (preferably based in US).
I'll probably be ordering them from eBay, but they're from China. I likely won't be updating this thread, there doesn't seem to be much interest.
Old 01-31-2022, 12:38 PM
meowy84

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm reluctantly looking to China as well for shipping on some items, although I'm concerned about customs/duties hassles not to mention all those horror stories of items coming 5mos late, etc. And now with these apparent Covid supply-chain issues I wonder what effect that will have.
Old 01-31-2022, 12:43 PM
Lins

Originally Posted by meowy84
I'm reluctantly looking to China as well for shipping on some items, although I'm concerned about customs/duties hassles not to mention all those horror stories of items coming 5mos late, etc. And now with these apparent Covid supply-chain issues I wonder what effect that will have.
I've had minor delays, but eBay has a fairly accurate estimated time of arrival I've found.