Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

What did I do wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 01:30 PM
Txmustangflyer

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
Default What did I do wrong?

Traxxis street rod truck, 4tec 3.0 chassis. Halfway through a turn..no power..could hear the motor, nada on movement. Pulled the cover and found this. Main gear teeth are just...gone. 2nd battery ever. Running 2s 2200 packs at 50c...too hot?

Last edited by Txmustangflyer; 05-01-2022 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2022, 06:46 AM
Big Alice

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

If I had to guess I'd say maybe gear lash too tight. Got the spur hot and the plastic got hot and soft. Not seeing it in person, it's hard to say but that's my guess. Nice looking truck...
Old 05-02-2022, 06:47 AM
Txmustangflyer

Thanks, on both. It loves to drift..the tail will hang out nice, no steeribg gyro..you think it, it does it. Stable as heck too..syspension glides over bumps..they set it up good..except for the gears.
Guess I should have checked it before running it.

Last edited by Txmustangflyer; 05-02-2022 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:27 PM
Txmustangflyer

So, since this post I really dove into the manual..so used to the old throw a battery in and run things from like...radio shack..
In doing so, yup, I screwed up..got in a rush, and failed to research..luckily, only costs a 3 dollar spur gear.
But, in my search for options, stumbled across gdm and hot racing.
Only things coming from the latter is an aluminum motor mount, gear cover, and rear diff locker
Everything else I've ordered is from gdm. Front and rear knuckles, front brace, a heat sink and fan for the motor, (if it will fit without having to hack the body)
Front C hubs.
So far, those parts are the only carry overs I've found available that are direct aftermarket replacements for the factory 5 4tec other than lower control arm mounts.
Anyway, the locker should be the giveaway. The 35 is going to an awd drift set up. Beyond putting in stronger parts where I can, and its desire to hang its tail out right out of the box...why not lol.

Last edited by Txmustangflyer; 05-04-2022 at 08:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Big Alice (05-06-2022)