Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Zyklon CLT 61 Background Information

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Zyklon CLT 61 Background Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 07:39 AM
yanicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Zyklon CLT 61 Background Information

Hello guys

A few days ago I saw an auction of a nice twin boxer engine (ntiro + gasoline) for an unbeatable price considering the state (like new). I didnt really do much research about it, it had "Zyklon CLT 61" stamped on the block, this seemed fair enough. I placed my bid not expecting to win it and lo and behold I actually did. Now I wanted to do some research but this was cut quite short. The only reference I found that was not one of the 3 or so other auctions was from a 1994 german model plane book (see picture below) and on a german model engine thread where someone was talking about converting one of them from/to gasoline.

I was searching for "Heinz Lübbecke" but could not find anything. I was also checking if someone has uploaded a video on youtube but nothing showed up.

Does anyone know this engine? Where does it come from? Who is the manufacturer?

Thanks and BR
Yanick
Old 05-09-2022, 12:02 PM
yanicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did some more digging and it seems that this is something from the early 1980s that some german guys (namely the Heinz Lübbecke) designed and built on their own using factory made/industrial parts. I found another (german) reference:

(https://www.rc-network.de/threads/un...1/post-7075327)

Looks like I managed to get quite a rare and very old piece of methanol engine