Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Chief aircraft sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 12:02 PM
KJGCT1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chief aircraft sucks!

i am assembling a Pilot RC 88" Extra 300. The horizontal stabilizers have two tabs on the bottom and you mount with two screws into blind nuts in each side. I mounted the first stab, and tightened the screws, then mounted the other stab with the first screw. When I put in the second screw it went in fine, but when it was ready to tighten it just turned. I removed the other other stab, and looked through a hole while turning the screw. I was so happy to find the bling nut turning. I could not remove the screw. I cut out a small piece of sheeting between the two holes hidden by the stab, the cheapo blind nut is so thin I cannot grab it. So I called Chief Aircraft the distributor for Pilot planes and described my problem. The jerk I was speaking to said well throw it away and buy a new one! Nice guy, and great customer service! I asked to speak to his supervisor and the guy came on the phone. I described my problem and he said you have a big problem. But I have no idea how to remove the screw. I told him it is a manufacturers defect, send me a new plane. Oh I cant do that he said, but if you buy a new plane I will give you a 10% discount. Generous guy, he wants me to throw away a $800 plane and buy a new one. I will never buy another anything from those jerks! BUYER BEWARE, IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A CHIEF AIRCRAFT PURCHASE YOU WILL GET NOW SATISFACTION, BUT THEY WILL OFFER YOU ADVICE, THEY WILL TELL YOU TO THROW AWAY THE AIRPLANE!
Old 04-25-2022, 12:20 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 382 Likes on 308 Posts

Im surprised to hear that, I've always had outstanding customer service from them
The following users liked this post:
capt1597 (05-09-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 11:12 PM
Smokeyr67

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

It’s funny, but when you’re speaking to “jerks” it usually a reflection of your own attitude..
The following 2 users liked this post by Smokeyr67:
capt1597 (05-09-2022), Desertlakesflying (05-06-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 01:13 AM
Joseph Frost

Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

Blind nut turning? A minor problem for a modeler. Easy fix, just replace it, which ever is the easiest way, I would never whinge about such a minor issue. LOL.
The following users liked this post:
capt1597 (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 12:29 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I have good luck with them. I'm sorry you are having an issue but listen long enough and you will hear something bad about everyone.

David