Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Sad News

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Sad News

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 03:03 PM
sc0tt
My Feedback: (61)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Very sad news. Bob-O was a great guy. Deepest condolences to his family.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:09 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Sorry to here about Bob O, I always enjoyed talking with Bob at events, prayers for his family, Godspeed Bob.
Old 06-07-2022, 05:16 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Bob always made everyone feel like they were his good friend. Always a smile. Here he is as Miss AB a few years back, driving the jet transport cart...like he always did, helping others. I will sure miss him.
The following users liked this post:
grbaker (06-07-2022)
Old 06-07-2022, 06:05 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

As a local club member with Bob-O for many years, and part of the Austin Jet Gang, I spent a considerable amount of time with Bob over the years. As others have mentioned, he helped in just too many ways to recount. A couple of funny stories immediately come to mind. Bob always had the inside scoop, and one time one of the Austin Jet Club members was missing from Greater Southwest, and it just didn't make sense. Bob seemed nervous nelly about why that fella wasn't there. So ok, we start turning on the pressure and eventually he caved.

Seems the fella had a self inflicted injury. SUBSTANTIAL injury. Police were involved, and had to ask a mandatory question of the wife. The details aren't important publicly, but the answer stays with me to this day. "No, he's not suicidal, he's just stupid"! I never saw Bob laugh so hard as he finally let the cat out of the bag.

Bob could verbally quip with the best of them. One time a buddy took one off of Bob and replied "When's the last time you saw your junk", Bob smiled and said, "Oh, about 20 years ago". Brought the house down.

I had a rough time when my brother was injured and later passed. Bob really showed me who he was multiple times in the next year. I often think about some of the ways he helped me personally back then. He was one of the best sounding boards I've ever come across. RIP Bob-O.

One time Todd Witkoff came to the Austin Jet Rally and we had lunch with Bob. I still have a great memory of watching those two interact. If there is a heaven, I hope those guys are laughing about something stupid.
The following 4 users liked this post by seanreit:
grbaker (06-07-2022), patf (06-08-2022), Ron S (06-07-2022), tp777fo (06-07-2022)
Old 06-07-2022, 07:57 AM
fmrsdtr

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Bob-O was the best. He always brought me Beaver Nuggets from Bucees. I have more than one photo of him on that little electric bike. I believe he fell more than once off it too! I miss him. He was such a good person.

Last edited by fmrsdtr; 06-07-2022 at 08:00 AM. Reason: redundant
Old 06-08-2022, 10:30 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Damn. i just spoke with him a few weeks ago and he was looking forward to getting home. Fondest memories of him trolling around on the four wheeler with my daughter. was hoping they would get to see each other again on a waco weekend. please keep us posted on funeral arrangments if you can!
Old 06-08-2022, 11:01 AM
Dawn Ellzey

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by patf
Damn. i just spoke with him a few weeks ago and he was looking forward to getting home. Fondest memories of him trolling around on the four wheeler with my daughter. was hoping they would get to see each other again on a waco weekend. please keep us posted on funeral arrangments if you can!
Pat,

We will all miss Bob-O.
The only funeral service will be the one we have at Greater SW Jet Rally to celebrate his life and spread his ashes at HOTMAC
See you there

Dawn
Old 06-08-2022, 11:06 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks Dawn. I know he was really "feeling the love" in the outpouring he received on face book. Happy he realized how folks felt about him and he was in a good place.
Old 06-08-2022, 04:00 PM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Bob has always been fun to be around. When we were full-time RVers we stayed just down from his field. Bob showed me the best barbecue in town. He will be missed. Dan and Coleen Avilla