Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > War Room
Reload this Page >

Electronics in H/L 1/16 Sherm and Leopard

Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

Electronics in H/L 1/16 Sherm and Leopard

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 03:39 PM
Ghost@amps1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electronics in H/L 1/16 Sherm and Leopard

Hello ALL Tankers. How's your summer going so far? Been in any good rc tank scraps so far this summer??

Mine's not going all that great mostly due to health problems but that's my private little War. But I will win in the end

Anyways, my question is: :Could I splice into the battery wires to run two (2) MotherBoards in a HengLong? Like, I wish to run another 7.0 mtb as well as the original one, Mostly just for use as a 2nd exhaust smoker. Would it work, can I get away with it?
If that is possible, how best do I go about doing it?

Your replies are much appreciated. I look forward to hearing your replies from any of you on this Subject
D
Old 08-02-2022, 03:11 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

I think but I don't know the 7.0 board already supports the exhaust smoker and a main gun barrel smoker so a little jiggery pokery could sort your problem without using a second board,
Research dear boy that's the answer.
Old 08-03-2022, 11:45 AM
Ghost@amps1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jarndice
I think but I don't know the 7.0 board already supports the exhaust smoker and a main gun barrel smoker so a little jiggery pokery could sort your problem without using a second board,
Research dear boy that's the answer.
That's why I posted the question here, because I thought one of you experienced tankers might know. I don't post on here merely for conversation or entertainment - only when I have an important question! And no, I'm not a boy. I'm a 59 year old man! I tried Youtube but no info on hooking up 2 boards to the battery so I'll just go ahead and try it, especially now that I've received the extra 7.0 boards and the cannon barrel smokers. Still waiting on the striker switches though but they'll be here soon.
FYI, the 7.0 board only supports the one smoker. The port CN11 does the heater and CN12 does the blower so if I want exhaust as well, I either hook up a second smoker unit or try to get by on the running of just one for both applications (which I really don't like to have to do), plus the flash unit for the barrel that came with the smoker. Plus, I'd like to put a second speaker in both the Tiger I and the Panther to pump up the volume. They have the room inside for the extra wires and equipment but I doubt if the Sherman or the Leopard do so I won't bother with them, for now. I've also recently received the T-tap Self Stripping wire connectors and will be using them for the job as I'm tired of soldering and stripping. And I've put a mini-cam in the Tiger, so the wires have to hooked up somewhere! Yes. My fourth panzer! And the last. I'll always have reserve tanks, enough to combat against each other with, no matter if one or two of them is down or under construction upgrades. It's been almost a one year struggle of poverty for me, buying these tanks and tools and extra parts but it's been worth it. I'm finally finished and can get on to finishing them off (except for maintenance).
I will take photos of some of the work and provide necessary updates for all those interested.
Have a good one and enjoy your summer!

Last edited by Ghost@amps1; 08-03-2022 at 11:51 AM.