Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Dx-18 with AR9020 Receiver

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Dx-18 with AR9020 Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2022, 06:47 AM
model1258

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dx-18 with AR9020 Receiver

I have got a P90 RXI That I have had for several years, decided to get it out and start on Bench. I have 2 other jets I fly they have The AR12120 receivers in them. My question is will this small receiver the AR 9020 be compatible to run jet on bench? I have went thru the teach mode and doesn't seem to go thur the teach mode quite right. I use single Channel Operation, but seems like it's not seeing the left slide lever. I got turbine running but throttle was in reverse and left slide lever would not shut turbine down? I have never had these issues before? Im just wondering if receiver not compatible with Turbine.
Old 12-15-2022, 07:03 AM
Len Todd

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

To learn the RC, you use the Throttle TRIM and the Throttle. The RC Learn is all done on the throttle channel. Side levers will not work w/o some unique transmitter programming. If you don't connect an AUX channel to the turbine, the turbine will assume it is a single channel connection. Just use the one connection.

If the Rxer is working, the 9020 RXer will work. To check the RXer, put a servo on the throttle channel and see if it moves when you move the TXer's throttle stick.

You might want to get the turbine's book out and follow it closely. You have to bind to the Rxer at 100% throttle channel travel and then do the RC Learn at 50% throttle channel travel. Then you are just using the Throttle Trim and Throttle stick do an RC Learn.

Good luck with a P90RXI. I had 3 of them. They were all a POS.
Old 12-15-2022, 08:44 AM
model1258

Len
Went out and reteached Turbine and and used Throttle Trim and worked perfect!!! So the reason I wanted to use Left slide lever instead of Trim lever is how my other 2 Jets are setup. Dave Payne and Tim Riddleman helped me cause I would fly at Winimac and Ill.jet rally. So like you said they are doing some magic to move Trim lever to Left slide lever?
Old 12-15-2022, 10:00 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 377 Likes on 304 Posts

I dunno about magic so much as a mix.

If you post your SPM file from one that is working that way I'd be happy to see what's doing it and tell you how to duplicate it.
Old 12-15-2022, 11:56 AM
model1258

I figured out the Throttle Trim you can on this DX-18 go in to Trim Setup and move it to Left Lever,Its easy once you figure it out. Thank you Len you got me going in Right Direction getting it all back like it was! Thanks Barracuda for Responding Wouldn't have a clue how to post ASPM file? IM getting a lot better at this Programming and radio stuff but sometimes its confusing?
Old 12-15-2022, 12:03 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Back in the early rc turbine days some flyers liked having a kill switch instead of sliding the throttle trim down to shut off the motor. This might be the reasoning behind your tx programming.
Old 12-15-2022, 12:31 PM
Len Todd

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

You are welcome.