Notices

Norbert Rauch Boeing 757 "kit"

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 11:44 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Norbert Rauch Boeing 757 "kit"

This is the 1/16th scale Boeing 757 "kit" by Norbert Rauch (http://rauch-airliner.com/index.htm).

The kit consists of the fiberglass parts and directions for cutting the foam parts.

The fiberglass parts include the nose section, the tail section, with molded in vertical stabilizer, the engine nacelles and the engine cowls.

The directions include the full size drawings to make the templates to cut the foam parts, which consist of the wing and stab sections, and the straight sections of the fuselage. You can see some examples of Boeing 757 models built from these parts here (http://rauch-airliner.com/B757E.htm).

There is a lot of "engineering" that needs to be done to turn this into a working model, but it can be done. It can be powered by turbines, or EDF's. In fact, these parts are a "lighter layup" that Norbert was doing for potential EDF power.

I prefer local pickup (Richmond, VA), but I will ship in a pinch. However, buyer pays *actual shipping cost*. Since the parts can kind of "nest together", the box may not be too big, but it still will be a rather large box, so the shipping may be around $150 or more - depending on where its going.

I'm selling this because I'm moving and I need to clear out things that I realistically won't get to in the near future to make the move easier.