Community
Search
Notices
FPV Beginners If you are getting started in FPV this is the place to go for help. Experienced members will help the beginners getting started in FPV, so post your questions you have.

New control board for an Ares Crossfire

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 08:01 AM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New control board for an Ares Crossfire

Hello all...I hope someone can maybe steer me in the right direction. I have an Ares Crossfire FPV racing drone. I can never get it to arm...it takes the old version cleanflight which I can never get to open...just problem after problem. I would like to change out the control board and use a different program to set it up. I have like 3 of these drones that are just sitting. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what board would be good to use? I have a Spektrum radio and receiver. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:51 AM
jbragdon734

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Real2You
Hello all...I hope someone can maybe steer me in the right direction. I have an Ares Crossfire FPV racing drone. I can never get it to arm...it takes the old version cleanflight which I can never get to open...just problem after problem. I would like to change out the control board and use a different program to set it up. I have like 3 of these drones that are just sitting. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what board would be good to use? I have a Spektrum radio and receiver. Thanks.
Have several as well. Have 1 that is set up with Inav and a Matek F405, Matek GPS (M8Q-5833)
, 600mW VTX, 1200TVL camera and full leds for night flight. Flies great, altitude hold, position hold, return to home, failsafe return home, acro, horizon and angle modes all work great. Built this several years ago and was my first build. Have built 15 other quads since then. The Crossfire is the only quad i have with a F405 because i moved on to F7 boards. I am in the process of replacing the F405 to a Matek F722-PK. Have used the F722-PK in a couple of build and am happy with them and it has the ability to turn the VTX on and off from the transmitter. Only issue i found is the OSD has a line shift up and so far, i have not found a fix for it. To get around this i just move the text up 1 line. The F722-PK is at end of life per Matek but you can still purchase it $65.99 @ myfpvstore. Let me know if you need help.
Old 01-06-2023, 09:09 AM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I still have the Crossfires sitting. I will work on them at some point. A couple guys at our flying field have the same problem with their crossfires. I'm not very experienced with drones so a lot of the terminology is foreign to me, but I'll figure it out.
Thanks again for yoru help, I may be seeking additional help at some point.