Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Profile CF landing gear for 30cc size model

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Profile CF landing gear for 30cc size model

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 03:09 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Profile CF landing gear for 30cc size model

Would appreciate if someone can tell me were I might get a CF landing gear suitable for a 30cc size 9.5 lb profile model I want to build, as the currently available aluminium ones in my experience don't stand up well on a grass field.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Joseph Frost

Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

CF might save you few grams but you won't bend them back as alloy if they break at heavy landing! Just re-inforce them with couple of 12-15 inch long CF braces from the tips towards back of the fuse. Simple fix, I have done it on my 1/3 scale 15+ kilo Katanas, it worked wonders.
Old 03-07-2023, 04:39 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Joseph Frost
CF might save you few grams but you won't bend them back as alloy if they break at heavy landing! Just re-inforce them with couple of 12-15 inch long CF braces from the tips towards back of the fuse. Simple fix, I have done it on my 1/3 scale 15+ kilo Katanas, it worked wonders.
This sounds like a very good idea, but how do you connect the CF strips to the alloy gear legs ?​​​​​​
Old 03-07-2023, 02:38 PM
Joseph Frost

I have used about 10mm alloy tube, flattened each end, drilled the hole to bolt to the LG and the reinforced part of fuselage with bit of ply. You could also use 5-6mm Carbon tube with each end modified with small alloy plate (glued and wrapped with fine string/cotton line etc.) for attachments. Easy fix. I find the pic of mine somewhere when I get to it.
Old 03-07-2023, 11:54 PM
Joseph Frost

I have deleted the detail shot of my mod. but this pic might give you some idea.

Alloy brace on giant 1/3 scale model.