Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

2023 RCPRO/SWRA Warbird Race Schedule

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

2023 RCPRO/SWRA Warbird Race Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2023, 04:08 PM
JerryLeeWidmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2023 RCPRO/SWRA Warbird Race Schedule

3/18 - Speedworld, Wittman, AZ
4/8 - TIMPA, Tucson, AZ
9/23 - Victor Valley RC, Hesperia, CA
11/11 - TIMPA, Tucson, AZ
12/9&12/10 - Speedworld, Wittman, AZ

Be alert for the race details from the club CDs.

Jerry
RCPRO/SWRA Chair

Last edited by JerryLeeWidmer; 02-18-2023 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-19-2023, 01:33 PM
hossinarizona
My Feedback: (22)

Originally Posted by JerryLeeWidmer
3/18 - Speedworld, Wittman, AZ
4/8 - TIMPA, Tucson, AZ
9/23 - Victor Valley RC, Hesperia, CA
11/11 - TIMPA, Tucson, AZ
12/9&12/10 - Speedworld, Wittman, AZ

Be alert for the race details from the club

​​​​​​ CDs.

Jerry
RCPRO/SWRA Chair
Not really sure why the final race of the year at Speedworld will be a 2 day event? Personally, 1 day of racing is enough, with attrition, additional lodging cost, and meals, those costs will reduce pilot participation, not to mention having club support for 2 days! I remember one race at Speedworld not long ago, where the volunteers only completed 3 rounds of racing and called it quits, and that was just for one day of racing! I know of 4 pilots from our club that will NOT be attending the 2 day race at Speedworld.
For a change like this, I would like to see actual pilot feedback/votes, rather than it just being flowed down as a change to the schedule.
Mike

Last edited by hossinarizona; 02-19-2023 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-05-2023, 01:32 PM
B_Blake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The December Speedworld race will be 2 separate races (1) day each, not a (2) day single race event. If you can’t make both days or don’t want to spend the night you can race whichever day suits your schedule best.

Old 03-18-2023, 05:23 PM
WarbirdRacer

I think it's a great idea to hold 2 days of racing. For those that travel a long way and are already paying for lodging this gets you twice the bang for your buck. Should bring in many more racers from CA that hesitate over the long trip for a single day of racing. Plus if you get a silly zero on day one you always have a fresh start the next day
The following users liked this post:
JerryLeeWidmer (03-18-2023)
Old 03-18-2023, 11:42 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WarbirdRacer
I think it's a great idea to hold 2 days of racing. For those that travel a long way and are already paying for lodging this gets you twice the bang for your buck. Should bring in many more racers from CA that hesitate over the long trip for a single day of racing. Plus if you get a silly zero on day one you always have a fresh start the next day
Agreed.

FWIW: In our experience at the Sacramento Area Modelers Series, we find the 2-day race events are more consistently better-attended, than our 1-day races. (Even though ours are cumulative points over both days, versus each day being a separate "event.") We find that the 1-day races tend to draw mainly the locals; whereas the 2-day events pull the locals, as well as more out-of-towners. I think that your more novel approach to a 2-day race could turn out to be a "winning formula" for you.

I certainly wish you the best of luck; and wish I could make the trip out there to race with you.

Ollie
Old 03-22-2023, 01:05 PM
jagfly
My Feedback: (17)

Default Tucson RCPRO/SWRA Race 4/8/2023

To sign -up go to SWRA-Warbird.com and checkout TIMPA Spring. We will be providing free lunch to pilots. Fees will be $40 for first entry and $20 for any other.
For more info rcman3250@gmail. com
The following users liked this post:
B_Blake (10-30-2023)
Old 11-20-2023, 03:41 AM
B_Blake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next Race

Speedworld is hosting the next race on Dec 09 & 10, 2023. This is 2 separate races on 1 weekend!

More information about the race is located on SWRA-Warbird.com event page, please RSVP as soon as possible so we know you're racing.