Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Issues with Back Ordered Horizon Hobby Supplies

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 04:43 PM
aehaas

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Issues with Back Ordered Horizon Hobby Supplies

A month ago I ordered several remote receivers and a DX20 from HH (Order Number: 637206770). I just received notice that the remotes (totalling $105.00) shipped. But they added on $30.00 for shipping. Really?? What ever happened to free shipping for orders over $99.00? Also, the real order pricing with the transmitter (still back ordered) was $1,642.40. Now its possible that they made a rare mistake but NO. Time and time again, things I order are out of stock and when parts of larger orders ship they add on $29.99 for shipping.

Are you guys watching this? Yes, after I am on hold forever I finally get through to one person who then sends me to another person. Then another forever on hold and finally I get a refund for the shipping. Is this now the norm? Are they trying to make more money assuming most people will not pay attention to details? Are you guys watching for this?

My point is that HH is no longer the same it once was and it seems their computers are set to charge extra fees they are hoping to get away with so watch out people!!! Is there a person I can call, maybe an owner there to complain about this persistant extra charge? Maybe the owner is unaware and needs to be informed. What is the direct number where one does not have to be on hold for one person and then another, only to get nowhere?

Thanks,

AEHaas
Venice, FL
Old 06-24-2020, 03:22 AM
rgburrill

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts

Simple - stop buying from Horizon Hobbies. They are a distributor and don't care about you. They care about hobby shops and online stores where they have big orders. If you want to save a few bucks then stop b_tching about service.

Oh, and stop buying things that are backordered.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:14 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by aehaas
A month ago I ordered several remote receivers and a DX20 from HH (Order Number: 637206770). I just received notice that the remotes (totalling $105.00) shipped. But they added on $30.00 for shipping. Really?? What ever happened to free shipping for orders over $99.00? Also, the real order pricing with the transmitter (still back ordered) was $1,642.40. Now its possible that they made a rare mistake but NO. Time and time again, things I order are out of stock and when parts of larger orders ship they add on $29.99 for shipping.

Are you guys watching this? Yes, after I am on hold forever I finally get through to one person who then sends me to another person. Then another forever on hold and finally I get a refund for the shipping. Is this now the norm? Are they trying to make more money assuming most people will not pay attention to details? Are you guys watching for this?

My point is that HH is no longer the same it once was and it seems their computers are set to charge extra fees they are hoping to get away with so watch out people!!! Is there a person I can call, maybe an owner there to complain about this persistant extra charge? Maybe the owner is unaware and needs to be informed. What is the direct number where one does not have to be on hold for one person and then another, only to get nowhere?

Thanks,

AEHaas
Venice, FL
Those guys are working from their homes because the State of Illinois is still shut down, so they don't have access to all the computer functions. There are still phone numbers on the webpage for you to contact the CS team. I've never had an issue with Horizon that wasn't solved with a phone call and not being obnoxious with the person on the other end...

That said; are you talking about an iX20 radio because the DX20's have been out of production for a year or so?
Old 06-24-2020, 12:30 PM
aehaas

Yes, I meant iX20. And I did get a hold of some "higher ups" today that helped me out. Maybe it is the virus thing that is causing extra problems but things really happen slow there these days.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:20 AM
AndyKunz

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Yeah, we can't exactly walk across the office to another department any more. I lot of times I would know what group to walk to, didn't have to know names, and things would just happen. It's different when everybody is a 20 mile drive away (except those testing airplanes - they're 2 miles).

I'm happy to hear you were able to get some help. I've run into the same situation as you with my other hobbies (jellymaking, airguns). I finally figured out that I can save money to get the free shipping by clicking on a checkbox (that I didn't know was there until she showed it to me) to "Hold for single shipment." That means even though the $100 of pellets I ordered are in stock, they won't ship them until my new 1077 is back in stock too (hopefully next week). I don't know if the HH page has an option like that, but if it does, that would be an easy solution in the future. On one of the jelly sites I need to type in the Special Instructions box to "Hold when backordered for a single shipment."

Anyway, I'm glad you got it resolved. Maybe this will help you (or somebody else) in the future. Take care!

Andy
Old 07-26-2020, 10:22 AM
allupndown

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Red face

Thanks,

AEHaas
Venice, FL
Curious if you ever received the radio ? B/O'd an ix20 in December through my LHS and finding out on other forums that a lot of folks who ordered direct from HH as late as April have already received their order. Doesn't support the reply that HH only cares about the LHS and online retailers. I was told by a HH employee that they operate first come first served. Still trying figure out how the math works on that. I'd be more inclined to believe this is not true as ordering direct cuts out the middleman.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:43 PM
AndyKunz

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Horizon cares equally about all our customers, whether they order from us or from their local shops. If your shop places the order before customer X who buys direct from us, the shop will get the order with your radio in it processed before the buy who buys direct.

There's one queue, and we all go through the same one.

Andy
Old 07-26-2020, 03:26 PM
aehaas

I ordered the transmitter early May and they keep moving the goal post. It was supposed to be in stock in June. Now it says September.

AEHaas
Old 07-26-2020, 03:33 PM
allupndown

Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Horizon cares equally about all our customers, whether they order from us or from their local shops. If your shop places the order before customer X who buys direct from us, the shop will get the order with your radio in it processed before the buy who buys direct.

There's one queue, and we all go through the same one.

Andy

So do you have any theories as to why customer ME who placed a back order in December (I was in the store and watched him place the order committed finalized and the whole nine yards) still hasn't seen the order (LHS has checked on the order and was told the radios are being shipped - obviously - but cannot get any confirmation one way or the other if that order will be filled) while customer A, X, Z, Y, C, B and so on all ordered direct from Horizon between January and April and they all have them in hand ? Hopefully you can understand the frustration when I ordered at the very end of the first batch after missing availability to ensure a TX in the second batch and have been waiting patiently for 7 months ? Regardless of how the virus impacted matters, radios were still shipped to folks that ordered months after I did .... would you be okay with that ?
The following users liked this post:
BigBirdFlyer (04-11-2024)
Old 07-26-2020, 03:37 PM
allupndown

I ordered the transmitter early May and they keep moving the goal post. It was supposed to be in stock in June. Now it says September.

AEHaas

Thanks for the update. Seems the cutoff to actually get a TX was roughly near the end of April. Myself seemingly being the exception.

Old 03-01-2024, 08:27 PM
allupndown

Funny looking back on this now. Eventually received (approx 9 month wait) and just sold it 2 weeks ago ...