Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Ziroli 1/6 Hellcat Build

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ziroli 1/6 Hellcat Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2024, 01:53 PM
G.F. Reid
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not doing rivets for the most part. Maybe a few of the more obvious ones. Don't have any ideas at the moment for making any. Maybe glue drops and a toothpick ?
Old 06-24-2024, 07:58 AM
DaleCS

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, you could order from Mirce at NS Modelers, perhaps even the full detail kit. He scaled down his Hellcat kit panel details to 1/6 to fit my build. Or, just order rivets and/or screws ala carte. Or, check with ChadV - I saw on one of his pages that he made his own at one point, similar, I think, to what Mirce does. ChadV did post some comments here, fairly recently - but I don't know what he's up to.

Someone could probably put the NS Modelers rivets on faster than me. I get into a groove and then need a break, other things need attention....but that's been my whole build!

I had a company in EU interested in completing the cockpit details for me, but they wanted a complete set of cockpit drawings - the pictures I had were insufficient for them. I haven't found a set of such documents, yet.
Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM
DaleCS

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by G.F. Reid
Not doing rivets for the most part. Maybe a few of the more obvious ones. Don't have any ideas at the moment for making any. Maybe glue drops and a toothpick ?
A few years ago, I saw a P-51 with the glue drop method - several thousand. Nice looking rivets, but the wrong type for a P-51. They formed something like a button-head shape. Thousands of button heads on a plane which should have flush rivets - I said nothing, but it looked really, really wrong. Really. On the correct airplane they would have looked great, even professional grade. I don't know a method for creating flat rivets using glue. Maybe there's a way? Perhaps if the glue was thinned enough - mostly thinner, when it dries the remaining glue layer that is left behind could be very thin and almost flat?

Did you see my other comment on rivets from Mirce or checking with ChadV?
Old Today, 06:49 AM
G.F. Reid
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know exactly what you mean on the the glue drop rivets. I used that method on a Bearcat and it's more suitable for locomotive boiler plate than aircraft skin.
I'm planning to experiment with different glue and applicators to see how flat and small I can get them.