Community
Search
Notices
Radio Equipment View all radio equipment for sale right here.

Flysky thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2024, 07:29 AM
JIMHI

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Flysky thoughts

Okay that is how that works! Kewl! So here is my question guys. I have been looking at the FLYSKY i 6x as a possible cheap new radio (I got bit by the new radio bug LOL) because it is cheap like me lol and seems to be well recommended but I am a glow flier. Is this thing up to the task of controlling a .40 to .60 size model and is the range sufficient for sport flying of this type aircraft. Also what about vibration? Can I eliminate enough vibration to make it usable? Any thoughts?
Old 06-22-2024, 05:58 AM
rgburrill

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts

Out of over 1000 reviews Banggood has a 4.9 rating on the Flysky i6X. I would go through them to see if there is any discussion on range. I'm concerned about that small antenna.
Old 06-22-2024, 10:10 AM
J330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I've had mine for 8 years, and I'm one of those 1,000 happy customers. I have a FlySky FS-iA6 receiver in my 60 size Kaos without any glitches, range issues, or antenna concerns. The receiver battery telemetry is handy to see on the display.
Feels cheaply made, but so does the new Futaba 6 channel that sells for twice the price. Took a little time to mix a throttle cut for my glow engine, but still a good radio. Battery also lasts a lot longer than I get out of my other radios.
Old 06-23-2024, 04:48 AM
rgburrill

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by J330
I've had mine for 8 years, and I'm one of those 1,000 happy customers. I have a FlySky FS-iA6 receiver in my 60 size Kaos without any glitches, range issues, or antenna concerns. The receiver battery telemetry is handy to see on the display.
Feels cheaply made, but so does the new Futaba 6 channel that sells for twice the price. Took a little time to mix a throttle cut for my glow engine, but still a good radio. Battery also lasts a lot longer than I get out of my other radios.
Great to hear. I have a Turnigy i6S and i9 and a FlySky i10 transmitters and a slew of both Turning and FlySky receivers.