Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Steyr 1500a ww2 german rc truck

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Steyr 1500a ww2 german rc truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2024, 03:44 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Steyr 1500a ww2 german rc truck

Has anybody tried one of these out? It looks interesting.

STEYR 1500A WW2 GERMAN RC TRUCK

Old 06-25-2024, 01:22 AM
Max-U52

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Paco, have you asked Wayne about this? Given his love of that particular vehicle I would say that if anyone has picked one up yet it would be him.
Old 06-25-2024, 12:09 PM
Pah co chu puk

I have not asked Wayne. I saw it online and posted it wondering if anyone had one. It looks cool and seems to run well enough. I did not check the price. I do like collecting these tanks and trucks, so it could make a nice addition to my motor pool. It also might be a good parts donor for a kit bash of some sort.
Old 06-26-2024, 09:53 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

A friend of mine has one and I drove it for a while. It is the full version, with sound and smoke. The sound is annoying because as soon as you touch the steering it plays a horrible blinker sound, and when you drive backwards it plays a truck back up sound.

But besides that, I found it drives smoothly and it can always be used as a chasis for other vehicles.

Surprisingly, it has 4 types of steering, which are activable from the remote controller, so you can select from only front steering, only rear steering, oposite direction steering which was cool for tight turns, or same direction steering, for a super weird driving, as showed in the video.

For the price, it is not bad, but I'd replace the electronics for sure.

Last edited by Rad_Schuhart; 06-26-2024 at 10:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Pah co chu puk (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 12:06 PM
Pah co chu puk

Thanks Rad! That is some good info about it. I like the odd 4 way steering, but that blinker sound and back up sound would annoy me quickly. I will add it to my list of vehicles to get, but it won't be near the top of the list.
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Crius

Received 315 Likes on 261 Posts

I just ordered one and if you do the same make sure you're getting the upgraded version. The base version is up at banggood for about $71, and it was hard to find the upgraded version, which is about $92. I finally had to search "steyr 1500 upgraded version" before I found it. The base version doesn't have sound, lights, smoke, or the trick steering.

Naturally I'll do a video when it gets here, and if the M5 was any example that will be a bit over a month.

Last edited by Crius; Yesterday at 05:21 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM
Pah co chu puk

Cool, I will look forward to your movie. The price is good, so even if it's toy quality, it may be a good thing to collect. Martin set me up with his 3d printed one. I would need to print it and build it, and that could take me months, perhaps even years, so a $100 for a ready to run one sounds pretty good.