Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

EOS Sentry Vs Accucycle Charger for Accuracy

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

EOS Sentry Vs Accucycle Charger for Accuracy

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2024, 06:37 PM
pbeck39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EOS Sentry Vs Accucycle Charger for Accuracy

A strange thing this. I charged my aircraft 5 cell, 2000mah NIMH battery pack with an Accucycle charger after which I then ran it through a cycle charge....Discharge followed by a full charge. I didn't note then the capacity of the pack after the initial charge but following the cycle it was showing about 6.34V but with a capacity of only 514 mah, a far cry from anywhere near its nominal rating. The battery isn't brand new either, having quite a few years on the clock so the speak, but, when I then checked it with a Hyperion EOS sentry unit, it shows it as over 6 volts and with a 99% capacity.

So has anyone had a similar issue and which unit would you believe given this scenario? The Accucycle which I've had for years or the EOS Sentry.