Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

JD Model - Parts Support in US?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2024, 09:37 AM
7h3C47

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question JD Model - Parts Support in US?

I'm intrigued by these highly realistic scale machines, but as they seem to be more available in the Asian and even European markets, I'm curious if anyone who has one can paint a realistic picture of what your parts support has looked like in the US specifically. Once you have the product in-hand, is there a way to request spares direct from the factory, or do they give you a list of authorized dealers through which to get individual parts? If the latter, have said dealers come through/ have you been able to get what you need?

I understand the idea behind these niche products, and have no intention of doing anything remotely close to extreme bashing if I get one. That said, if I drop $1,700 on an RC car, it sure as s--- isn't going to sit on a shelf doing nothing. I need to be able to get my money's worth without fear of it becoming the world's most expensive doorstop at a moment's notice.

From what I can tell there are only a couple of US-centric retailers (like Heavy Duty RC, & RC4WD), and to make matters worse, I haven't yet found one that seems to stock the specific JD Model vehicle I have my eye on-- which makes me wonder if I'm potentially signing myself up for a world of pain.

Because I'm sure someone will suggest it: no, I don't have my own 3D printer, nor any metal working tools (nor skills) by which to 'be my own parts support'. I would need to rely on commercially available support if I were to pull the trigger, hence this question/ post.

Thanks!