Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Indoor Flying Venues.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2023, 12:41 AM
Joseph Frost

Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Indoor Flying Venues.

What is the highest indoor venue you are flying at? I'm leasing on weekly bases couple of large venues 23x33 and 33x43 meter stadiums, at 7 to 8.5 meter height only, slightly restricting some nose diving 3D maneuvers but it keeps you on the toes when you have to level out while inverted at some tricky aspects of 3/D.
Rather curious what are the highest indoor venues people fly at.

Flying my Skeleton Giant under new prop test run at Coffs, peak height only 7.5meters.

Slightly higher local venue for more fun.

Delta jet indoor fun.

Flying topless on the hot day.

Indoor fun with "Blue Swallow" T-Motor Coax powered design.

New higher venue ready for the NY opening.
Old 04-25-2024, 05:03 PM
Joseph Frost

After more than 6 month delays the new add on hall is finally in use for only two of us involved in these type of models, no complaints from me, the less indoor pilots the better and more space to enjoy for ourselves. Flying at the venue every fortnight to make most of it.

Premiere Day.

Old 05-11-2024, 12:42 AM
Joseph Frost

Enjoying my weekly indoor fun at couple of different venues for a variety, what a great RC alternative while it's pissing outdoors, now in 10th. day!!!

Another awesome day at local venue flying each numerous times.

Dualsky Coax powered SubcentoV2.

TM powered JF-Star on 1S.
Old 06-14-2024, 01:06 AM
Joseph Frost

Weekly indoors with variety of my skeleton fleet.

Ready for indoor action.

Indoor fun with Subcento V1.
Old 06-18-2024, 04:50 PM
Joseph Frost

Another awesome indoors while it's freezing cold for outdoor flying at this time of the year, no sign of GW down here in this AE of the Planet. LOL.

Cold indoors but dead calm.

Hot running "SubcentoV2"

TM Coax Blue Swallow

Dualsky coax mod props effect.
Old 06-21-2024, 12:41 AM
Joseph Frost

Back at Coffs indoor on one of the coldest morn so far this year, Winter Solstice Day. Nice to be flying indoors.

Nice to be indoors on freezing cold morning.

Inverted fun with SubcentoV2.
Old 06-25-2024, 02:56 AM
Joseph Frost

Back at Max today with 7 models in action.

Today's fleet kept me flat out.

Must be Tuesday.
Old 07-02-2024, 01:32 AM
Joseph Frost

If it's Tuesday it must be indoors.

Todays fleet.
Old 07-05-2024, 12:45 AM
Joseph Frost

Another awesome indoor flying day while it is pouring outdoors with a variety of my fleet.

Todays fleet.

Nice to be indoors on the miserable cold and wet day.
Old 07-12-2024, 01:27 AM
Joseph Frost

Back at Coffs today with a F3P variety, including Premier flight with my latest creation "Black&Yellow".

Today's indoor fleet.

"B&Y" maiden run.

"Blue Swallow" in action.
Old 07-23-2024, 01:38 AM
Joseph Frost

Back at Max today after few weeks of school break, having awesome runs with usual variety of indoor models including my Giant F3P/Pattern.

Today's variety of models.

Close up with the Giant.

Old 07-29-2024, 12:54 AM
Joseph Frost

Expression of interest.
Anyone interested in F3P/Pattern, skeleton design type of indoor models and flying is welcomed to come along to attend the premiere indoor demonstration and models display to be held at the Indoor Sports Complex in Port Macquarie.
This rather unique and rare division of radio control hobby in Australia is organized by the dedicated RC-ist, Joseph Frost, based at Mid North Coast of NSW, as an expression of interest to open up an envelope for interested parties to have a regular event at this great indoor facility.

Joseph, well known in a wide variety of RC modeling and flying experience over the many decades with well over 400 models built, took up indoor flying back in cc. 2000, after the new indoor sports complex was erected at the village he used to live in Sth/Highlands of NSW.

Sample of models that will be on display and flying.

Check runs of the new Port/M venue.

But it's only for last couple of years he took this division to a different level while taking an advantage of the latest micro light electric equipment available nowadays.
Some of these models can be purchased online in kit or semi ARF forms, but as a true modeler he designs and create each model from scratch using the lightest materials available to keep the models at minimal all up weight, as the main objective point to fly these models as slow as possible in most extreme, against the law of gravity, or unlimited aerobatic maneuvers.

He will bring along variety of 6-7models as a display, each will be also demonstrated in flying action for interested parties to ask any information on the topic. The first event will be held Saturday 14th. of September, 9AM to 12PM, at the Port Macquarie Indoors Sports Complex, Cnr. of Hastings and Hibbard Drives.

Due to the hire cost of the facility each person attending Joseph's demonstration will have to pay small attendance fee ($ 5- to 10-) subject to number of visitors. If will be appreciated of prior attendance intentions, TX, in advance.

After the busy demo flying schedule in the morning, anyone interested to sit down and have a further discussion on the topic is welcome to join Joseph Frost for lunch at the "Oriental Spoon Restaurant", - ( 138 William Street ) just a few minutes' drive from the indoors venue, near the town centre. If attending the lunch 12-30 PM onwards, please let us know so the restaurant booking can be organized prior.

"Please take a note", this is not intended for RC enthusiasts flying a basic sport or scale-(ish) indoor models, but as a promotion of most unique micro light F3P/Pattern/Skeleton design type of models sub 100grams weight and their precision type of indoor flying performance.

For further info Please contact Frosty preferably via email, // [email protected] // or direct call on // 0403 116 491 // Please no TEXTS or messages!!!

PS- As a Thanks for attending this event each visitor will receive a special gift, Limited Edition artwork of "Golden Sunset", signed and embossed by Joseph Frost himself as a Compliment.

Looking forward meeting in Port/M. Frosty.

Last edited by Joseph Frost; 07-29-2024 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Add on.
Old 08-01-2024, 04:43 AM
Daniel Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

red swallow
Old Today, 12:57 AM
Joseph Frost

"Red Swallow" will be there, also my latest project I'm in the middle off, "Black&White V2". Another good news, I have decided to raffle off one of my designs fully fitted out, RTF, less receiver so the lucky winner can bind it to anything he or she likes.
You got to be there to win it, only 6 weeks to go!

New project on its way.

Ready for fitting out.