Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Corsair Brotherhood.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Corsair Brotherhood.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 03:23 AM
Funscaleflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsair brotherhood

Hey Friends, I purchased an incomplete Top-Flite Red Box Corsair at a swap meet a couple years ago. There were no plans and I thought, no problem. Wrong! Does anyone out there in the Corsair Universe have the plans for this kit? KS. [email protected]. Thanks
Old 05-03-2021, 12:39 PM
uLTRASPORT1000
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sign me up.
Recently acquired a Ziroli Fiberglass fuse. Got my short kit from Pat at Lasercut USA. Have a GT 80 just collecting dust. Need to get gear from Robart but most importantly need to finish up the 2 builds that now consume all the space in my basement; Meister P47 with DA 100i and Ziroli P38 with electric motors (less chance of dead stick,I think).
Regards to all,
Sam
Old 06-01-2021, 03:40 AM
rainer-z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Plan

[QUOTE = Funscaleflyer; 12671756] Hey Freunde, ich habe vor ein paar Jahren bei einem Tausch-Treffen einen unvollständigen Top-Flite Red Box Corsair gekauft. Es gab keine Pläne und ich dachte, kein Problem. Falsch! Hat jemand da draußen im Corsair-Universum die Pläne für dieses Kit? K.S. [email protected] . Dank [/ QUOTE]

Have a look at the German Warbirdforum, (warbirdforum.de) then please write to Oliver Treichel, he is an administrator and Corsair pilot, Oliver can certainly help.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:23 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Huge warbird, Gas radial, whats not to like?
Old 06-22-2021, 03:00 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Monster CARF Corsair with an amazing gas radial, sound up!!!
Old 06-23-2021, 05:32 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

A thing of beauty when the engine that fits the cowl just right has enough power to fly with authority. I hope the Saito 120R3 in mine can fly it well. I still need to run it up now that it is fully installed and see how my custom exhaust system works.
The following users liked this post:
JohnVH (06-23-2021)
Old 03-14-2022, 03:44 AM
Prekin
My Feedback: (19)

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts

For those who need instrument panel for Corsair project I designed 1/5 scale instrument panel for F4U. That design can be resized, so it can be used for another size. As usually the instrument panel file is for free. Do not hesitate to contact us.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	2271561   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	2271562   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	2271563  
Old 01-06-2024, 08:42 AM
gonzalobures

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Got my 2nd Corsair

I am now the owner of 2 Topflite Corsairs. On is the Gold Edition built over 10 years ago and the 2nd a Giant Scale Topflite. Attached are the Pictures of my new model.

I still use the old (better signal strenght) MHZ radio. I have a couple of Futaba's 9C's and they are the best for me. The model is guided by the 9C using 8 channels. Two for flaps with a mix joining them and 2 for the stearing tailwheel and rudder. The reason for the two in the jaw channel is too disable the tailwheel stearing when the gears are retracted. Have a mix of elevator and gear to give some downtrim when the gear is retracted. Also have a mix for elevator and flaps only on the final approach to load the elevator channel so landing approach is more stable. No need to down trim with full flaps when flying. No balloning occurs. No Gyro installed, I have never utilized a Gyro. Maybe missing the best but don't feel the need.

The model is powered by a G62 Zenoah with a APC 22X10. Using a 40:1 mix with Red Line oil.

The model scheme is not scale. The Bayou Baby scheme that came with the model was not to my liking. Instead made my own remenbering "Roberto Cofresi" a Puerto Rican Corsair from the early 1800 who did his business around the Caribbean. He mainly hanged around the town of Cabo Rojo were he was born. Heis family was of noble origins and furtune. . He was a kind of "marine Robin Hood". He shared his bounty with the poor people of the Puerto Rican Southwest. He was captured and executed in 1825. His family name was Ramirez de Arellano, like I said a noble and influential family in the 1800's. They are still well known in Puerto Rico.
I made a profile of Roberto Cofresi and the name "Corsario Cofresi". Also placed the Cabo Rojo coat of arms in the cowling.

The model flies fine. Corsair have their own knicks in the flight process. My gold edition and this one fly very differently one from the other.

Presently a member of the Skyraiders Brotherhood, Pitts Special Brotherhood and Piper Cub brotherhood. Hope to be included in the Corsair Brotherhood.

Last edited by gonzalobures; 01-06-2024 at 08:47 AM.
scottrc (01-10-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 09:02 AM
Hot Rod Todd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a couple seasons on my TopRC Corsair, and it has performed well. I squeezed a VVRC 120 in the nose so it has plenty of power to pull a 25x12 three blade prop. At 40 lbs, it's not a light weight, but It seems to handle the weight well and isn't too hard to handle. Mine is one of the early edition, so I did quite a few mods to strengthen it (posted in other RCU threads). I changed up the scheme a bit going with one of my favorites, Tommy Blackburn's Big Hog. I have the Robart Pneumatic retracts that have also performed well.

Old 07-13-2024, 10:12 AM
Wyoturbine

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I’d like to join up, H9 20cc, vvrc .26, falcon 17x8x3 prop, mods here and there, updated canopy, oil coolers, retractable tailwheel, drop tanks, best pilots bust. Just need to balance and hope to maiden in coming weeks.

Old 07-13-2024, 11:09 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Ike Keptford!

Lookin good!
Wyoturbine (07-13-2024)